• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

I went for Fleetwood each way, so need him to kick on today.

Fair shout that Jinks. He's a good solid player, I think Rory, Johnson and Stenson will be fighting it out this weekend.

I’m on Fleetwood, Rahm and McIlroy....and Hatton and Rose...spreading the love.

I'v got McIlroy, Thomas, Fleetwood, and Rose, all EW paying top 10 so looking good at the minute

Last round of the masters is one of my favourite sporting days. Hoping for a cracker between Reed and McIlroy tonight.

Spieth looks like he'll be there or there abouts

Tommy F fading away, unfortunately. Need him to get some birdies together on the back 9.

Rory also blowing it and it looks like Spieth could be there or there abouts.

Rory just hasn't made enough putts today. Shame but it looks like it's not going to be his day. I'd rather someone else than that prick Reed won personally.

I don't think he's bottled it. His iron play has been great, he's just been cold with the putter.

Spawny Reed stays out of the water. Come on Spieth!

Hasn’t made a single putt when he’s needed it. Those are the fine margins. Had plenty of birdie and eagle opportunities but just hasn’t taken them. Some not particularly difficult

I have played a bit of golf over the years, but I am not absolutely sure regarding the rule, but shouldn't Phil Mickleson have been disqualified at the US open for hitting a moving ball?

There are two rules. Hitting a moving ball is a two stroke penalty, which he got. Influencing the movement of a ball in play is the other rule, which is a dq. He conned the officials into giving him the lesser penalty, which should be used if the ball moves after having stopped, not whilst the ball is clearly still in play as was the case here.

There are two rules. Hitting a moving ball is a two stroke penalty, which he got. Influencing the movement of a ball in play is the other rule, which is a dq. He conned the officials into giving him the lesser penalty, which should be used if the ball moves after having stopped, not whilst the ball is clearly still in play as was the case here.

Yep, he cheated. Not in the spirit of the game and pretty poor from big Phil.

He should have been DQ. If he doesn't hit that moving ball it is going fifty feet off the green, so he stopped it doing so. USGA have completely bottled this, and Phil should withdraw.

Yeah pretty shocking play tbh. He should withdraw, and the USGA need to have a serious word with themselves about how and why they didn't dq him

Thanks Gents, that is what I thought. It was very poor from Mickleson, and not the behaviour expected on a golf course.

Put it this way - Tommy Fleetwood does that and the ruling is a completely different one. They didn't want to DQ their second biggest star on his birthday.

I disagree. He knew the rules and deliberately hit the moving ball toward the hole. It's a clear two shot penalty in the rules. If he'd have stopped it or deflected it to stop it rolling off the green then yes that's a DQ.

It's a storm in a teacup if you ask me. He's nowhere near the business end. He's not depriving anyone of prize money. He was just mucking around because he knew he was out of contention. Probably a bit stupid for a high level pro to do at a major tournament, but at the same time it's just a game and no-one has been put out by it other than those that are choosing to get way too offended by it.

Back