• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I think Wareing would be brilliant TV actually. Whenever he has appeared on the show as guest judge the contestants have absolutely shat themselves. It would make cracking TV.

Finished season 2 of Game of Thrones last night. I finally start my season 3 box set tonight.

The end of season 2 with the White Walkers making an appearance really is ace.

Tom Aikens was good on Great British Menu. Has an "alpha" air about him.

I think Wareing would be brilliant TV actually. Whenever he has appeared on the show as guest judge the contestants have absolutely shat themselves. It would make cracking TV.

As I said earlier, he would be brilliant. He's got the reputation and the putdowns, not to mention the look of a serial killer.

Please, please, please, don't let it be Marco Pierre White.

Raymond Blanc still has a BBC contract from The Restaurant I think. Awesome contacts for getting in great guest judges.

"Think cooking for Marcus Wareing was tough - here is your judge Paul Bocuse, or Alain Robouchon...."

I think he just writes now since he closed El Bulli.

Not sure quite how good his spoken English is, but the bloke is an absolute culinary genius.

How about the guy whose name I forget who made each dish a work of art and caused the runner-up of the pro version to have a meltdown because of his style?

I'd love to see Wareing on there. His put downs are brilliant when he guests.

There's another guy who's been on a few times and is really tough to please as well but I can't think of his name. Similar age as Wareing, thin and looks a bit like Willem Defoe. Not quite as cutting in his remarks but a real perfectionist and taskmaster.

Was it Rene Redzepi of Noma? They definitely went over there for one year's final?

Either that or one of the brothers from Caler De San Roca - but their English is no way good enough to pull it off.

Has anyone seen Ludo Lefebvre on 'The Taste', total arse, and you wouldn't tire of punching him in the face :)

On a personal note, I have seen a fair few professional kitchens (my waist will testify to that), and why anyone would want to work in one is beyond me ??

Prices not all that bad at his gaff in Modena: Two hundred-odd quid for a nine course tasting menu with paired wines.

He's the one with the five stages of parmesan, yeh?

Dangerously close to Modena in July. Now to win a few quid...

Back