• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

building a bridge over the river kok is fooking ace tonight. Laughing my arse off.

I'm watching the quite excellent "Lap Of The Planet" on Ch4. Live from the ISS.

Just watched the Season 2 opener of Naked and Afraid special in The Amazon! Superb reality show!

Still watching the Following. Utterly absurd, but a crayzee twist at the end of the most recent episode.

On PBS at the moment is the story of General George Armstrong Custer. Great viewing, but one still wonders why Custer felt he had to attack the Indians without waiting for the back up that was on its way. He walked into an ambush, split his forces and defied orders. It would seem that Custer wanted all the glory.

Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night. I am really enjoying the way this season has panned out with character driven episodes but this episode was really powerful stuff

I watched it on Wednesday. Easily the best episode of this series.

Need to watch this weeks following too haven't seen this massive twist yet!

Anybody else see The Walshes, Graham Linehan's latest comedy on BBC4?

Bit patchy but so was the IT Crowd at the beginning so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and keep watching it.

I saw the first episode last week, decided to give last nights a miss.

On the other hand, i thought W1A was wickedly funny, far too accurate apparently.

I watched Turks and Caicos last night. Pretty slow but very good spy thriller, and the cast was insanely good.

Bill Nighy
Christopher Walken
Winona Ryder
Helena Bonham Carter

Great stuff and looking forward to the follow-up next week.

I watched Turks and Caicos last night. Pretty slow but very good spy thriller, and the cast was insanely good.

Bill Nighy
Christopher Walken
Winona Ryder
Helena Bonham Carter

My mate has a real thing for Helena Bonham Carter, even when she was an ape which I found quite disturbing.

Bill Nighy
Christopher Walken
Winona Ryder
Helena Bonham Carter

There's a follow up? Didn't know that.
It's written by David Hare too I think.

Bonham Carter really had the phwoar factor in T&C... That held my attention...

Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night. I am really enjoying the way this season has panned out with character driven episodes but this episode was really powerful stuff

The character building in this series has been a nice change of pace indeed, but (without dropping spoilers) the last episode really annoyed me until Carol and Tyreese returned to find out what had happened. The ending was top drawer stuff though, nothing less than expected from Kirkman. He must be loving having two mediums to tell his story, the TV series has taken a completely different path to the comics now, although that could all change when Terminus finally comes into it.

There's going to be a follow up to Coogan + Brydon's The Trip called The Trip To Italy. Starts on April 4th at 10pm on the BBC (2 I assume).

Looking forward to that as the first one was great.

There's going to be a follow up to Coogan + Brydon's The Trip called The Trip To Italy. Starts on April 4th at 10pm on the BBC (2 I assume).

Looking forward to that as the first one was great.

Good news.

There's a follow up? Didn't know that.
It's written by David Hare too I think.

Bonham Carter really had the phwoar factor in T&C... That held my attention...

And a prequel as it's the Jonny Woricker trilogy. I watched Turks and Caicos yesterday and thought it was a brilliant drama in its own right, razor sharp dialogue and the need to think for yourself, even at a slow rate.

Page Eight is the first and Salting the Battlefield the last. Page Eight is excellent, proper Tinker, Tailor stuff.

Back