• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Confirmed on Richard Bacon's show, no great loss to me but i'm not the target audience.

Now how am I supposed to watch family guy in bed every night?

That & American Dad is all I watch on there too.

Currently watching the under-rated futurama.

It's about the only good thing on that channel though.

It's about the only time i really watch TV, other than sport, so I probably watch BBC3 as much as anything else.

That would mean getting up and changing the disc. Mark couldn't manage that.

Who lies in bed awake for that long?

Not really a fan of series of anything on DVD, not sure why but i've had a few bought as presents and other than Band of Brothers or The Pacific I don't think i've even taken the plastic off them, 99 times out of 100 I pick a film if i'm going to stick a DVD on.

Not sure if I've mentioned it on here but True Detective starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey is fantastic. It's about two detectives hunting a serial killer. They are both really, really good in it. The first episode is On Demand now or it starts properly tomorrow (Sat) at 9pm on Sky. It's a little bit slow to start off with (like most HBO stuff) but the quality just oozes out of it and quickly ramps up.
I am thoroughly enjoying this.

Does anyone know when "37 days" is starting? It is about the lead up to WW1, and is being shown on BBC.

Just watched a programme on BBC2 -'I was there - the great war interviews'

Some of the bits that did not make the original series that was put out in the 60's. No inane commentary. just stills from the 1st WW & talk from those who fought, all of whom were in their 60's at the time it was made.

A very evocative hour.

Frank, I know you have an interest in this period. If you didn't catch this then very worthwhile picking this up via I Player

Finally got round to starting Breaking Bad and am currently half way through the second season. Great stuff. I eventually got round to finishing 24 season 8 last week as well, eight episodes one after the other so I'm ready for season 9. Can't believe there's only three episodes of The Walking Dead season 4 left too, that's gone really quick considering they had a two month break in the middle of it. Really need to get round to catchin up on Justified as well.

I think Breaking Bad may have to be our next box set (either that, or finally watch The Soprano's). Just finished Mad Men 6 and Season 1 of The Following and have just started True Detective.

Back