• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Really sad news!

Just a side note re this: can I ask that nobody posts any spoilers whilst talking about James Gandolfini/Soprano's as I for one am still watching it and others maybe too! Thanks

I've seen plenty of good word of mouth for The Americans recently. It started on ITV last week, but it's about finished the first season in the US.

Set in the 1980s under Reagan it's about two KGB agents living in the US posing as an American couple. Supposed to be quite good.

I got round to watching the first episode of this and would definitely recommend it. Good first episode with some nice fight scenes. The two leads are very strong, Keri Russell especially.

Reminds me of Homeland but from the point of view of the bad guys and set in the 80s under Reagan as he gets tougher on foreign spies.

Well worth checking out.

Making my way through Sopranos for the first time at the moment and my favourite line so far:

"Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this" :icon_lol:

Making my way through Sopranos for the first time at the moment and my favourite line so far:

"Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this" :icon_lol:

Going through a rewatch of series 1, been quite a few years since I saw it so can't really recall what happens next which is nice. Tony's mother is a fantastic character.

True Blood Season 6: Anyone watching this?

I've watched the first two episodes so far but it's not really doing it for me yet to the point where it's almost predictable.

Yes I'm watching it. In fact I'm literally just about to sit down with my tea and watch Ep3.

There are interesting elements as always (Deborah Ann Woll for starters... :wank: ) but the "Bilith" story is always going to be uber-silly. I hate the werewolves crap too.

Just realised Dexter series 8 started last night!

I can not wait to watch it later.

I'm still on Season 2 of Dexter, and stuck on a one-a-week schedule as I watch it with a mate.

Just realised Dexter series 8 started last night!

I can not wait to watch it later.

I will be waiting until the Season has finished and then will watch it in 2 sittings.

On his TV I assume....

It's already been broadcast in the US and he's probably downloaded it.

God knows when FX will decide to show it. Last year it wasn't until the Autumn. You'd think they have seen how successful Sky Atlantic are and air it as soon as possible after the initial broadcast.

If you know how to use torrents and have a way of streaming mkv files to your TV then you can watch it now too.

Anyone else see Luther last night? I thought it was excellent. Very very tense and scary. I'm ashamed to say I hid behind my wife on the sofa for the scene with the blender.

Anyone else see Luther last night? I thought it was excellent. Very very tense and scary. I'm ashamed to say I hid behind my wife on the sofa for the scene with the blender.

i enjoyed it too. i briefly switched channels at the critical blender moment!

I knew it was coming back but didn't realise it was last night!

I want to watch the end of the last series before I watch to remind myself what happened.

Just watched Luther on iPlayer. Very good, although now the missus is scared of the loft :facepalm:

Back