• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just watching River Monster on some ITV channel. I have seen a bit of this before. Basically some gimp goes to try and catch big fish and makes it SUPER FUCKING DRAMATIC. The show is absolute comedy gold.

Oh my God it just gets better

"135lb line sliced clean through"
*cue dramatic music*
"some river monsters demand that you never give up"

it's the funniest thing I have seen in AGES

Child Genius on Channel 4. Christ there are some mental little kids in the world, and some very weird parents too!

Watched The Returned last night also and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to next week's already. Like others have said, the music and the way it's shot create a great, spooky atmoshpere. Plus, I like subtitles, it means I dont have to strain to hear what people are saying!

Especially useful when trying to get a baby to sleep!

It was brilliant drama though and 'Victor' makes Hannibal Lector look like Santa. Chilling little bastard stuck in my mind for at least an hour after.

The Fall was genius TV, utterly gripping. I also liked Dates (on my own?) and Child Genius'. Some good Telly on at the moment.

I didn't watch Dates tonight but I just didn't like the first one at all. It was trying way too hard to be witty, observant, humorous and touching but it missed on every shot. It was all just overstated and massively contrived, which I really dislike. Anything with Will Mellor in has a long way to go to win me over, although the girl was smoking hot.

Oh my God it just gets better

"135lb line sliced clean through"
*cue dramatic music*
"some river monsters demand that you never give up"

it's the funniest thing I have seen in AGES

Ahahahaha yes! Had this on when cooking the other week and then had to watch it all.

It turned out to be a catfish. Slight letdown.

The wife and I watched the last 2 GoT episodes last night to conclude the series.

IMO, that was better than series 1, and episode 9 was one of the greatest episodes of any programme ever. I always wondered how they were going to do THAT scene (possibly my favourite part of the whole series thus far), but they absolutely nailed it.

I thought this series started slowly but considering what followed, that was probably a good thing!!

Still so, so much more to come in series 4, assuming that makes up part 2 of book 3. Can't believe we've got to wait 10 sodding months though.

Was that the last one on Monday? :(

I didn't realise!

Yup. Ten episodes per season and the next one is 2014.

The Borgias is great. Pleased its back. But I shall miss GoT!

I'll have to download Borgias when I get in then

Do so - it's decent. They're about to start series 3 so you've 20 episodes to get through (I think).

Started watching Breaking Bad today.

Can not wait for Dexter season 8.

Only benefit of GoT being off for 10 months is that I can catch up with the books as I'm only on the first one at the moment.

Only benefit of GoT being off for 10 months is that I can catch up with the books as I'm only on the first one at the moment.

Series 1 ending coincided with my daughter being in hospital so I managed to blitz the whole series before series 2 started.

I don't think The Winds of Winter (book 6) is out until at least 2015 so plenty of time to wait yet, unfortunately! Book 5 is ace too which makes it even more frustrating!

Can not wait for Dexter season 8.

Going to be interesting to see how they end up. It certainly can't be a happy one with Dexter walking off into the sunset. They have to end it with justice being done is some form.

My guess is he will be killed but have some sort of ghostly end where he is reunited with his step Dad & Rita (thus the GoodBad guy paid for his kills but still gets the end with the viewers being happy for him)

Back