• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Did anyone see The Call Centre on BBC3?

Yeah, it was brilliant!

The Returned. Transfixed for 60 minutes. The subtitles really demand you give it your full attention. It's really creepy and I already have loads of questions and theories. Ace.

Well that fucked with my head just a little bit!

The Mogwai soundtrack goes superbly though!

Enjoyed The Returned a lot. Bit hard to follow and the ending makes everything even more incomprehensible but it was proper spooky in places.

And yes, the soundtrack was perfect. The tune over the end credits is ace.

Looking forward to GoT tonight considering last weeks episode!

I expect it will be King's Landing in smug mode, and poor old Sansa looking miserable again.

The Returned. Transfixed for 60 minutes. The subtitles really demand you give it your full attention. It's really creepy and I already have loads of questions and theories. Ace.

We've recorded it to watch some time this week so I'm glad it's getting positive reviews!

I've seen plenty of good word of mouth for The Americans recently. It started on ITV last week, but it's about finished the first season in the US.

Set in the 1980s under Reagan it's about two KGB agents living in the US posing as an American couple. Supposed to be quite good.

Apologies Squeeze, I missed this last night!
That little boy (Victor) is creepy!
The last 10 mins really messed me about & put in a huge twist! (Though answered a couple of questions I had too!)

Enjoyed The Returned a lot. Bit hard to follow and the ending makes everything even more incomprehensible but it was proper spooky in places.

And yes, the soundtrack was perfect. The tune over the end credits is ace.

It is awesome. I bought the cd weeks ago & really liked it. Have to say it really adds to the series in a positive way.

We've recorded it to watch some time this week so I'm glad it's getting positive reviews!

It looks really good. Mental, but really good.

Going to watch the 2nd part of D-Day: The Last Heroes shortly. The first one was really well presented, made even more interesting because I spent the half term week in Normandy, almost right on Juno beach. Some of the historic sites were awe inspiring, notably the American cemetery at Colleville. Also paid a visit to the 101st Airborne museum, Dead Man's Corner in St Come-du-Mont. Worth a visit as it had a selection of artifacts donated by Major Richard Winters of Band of Brothers fame.

With a new series of 24 coming out next year think I may go back through all the series :D

Watched that Returned on 4oD last night. Really good. Love how it's shot - it looks like a film more than a TV series. Lot's of questions, few answers so will definitely be tuning in next week.

On another note, did anyone see Dates on Ch4? What a waste of pixels that was!

Watched The Returned last night also and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to next week's already. Like others have said, the music and the way it's shot create a great, spooky atmoshpere. Plus, I like subtitles, it means I dont have to strain to hear what people are saying!

Going to watch the 2nd part of D-Day: The Last Heroes shortly. The first one was really well presented, made even more interesting because I spent the half term week in Normandy, almost right on Juno beach. Some of the historic sites were awe inspiring, notably the American cemetery at Colleville. Also paid a visit to the 101st Airborne museum, Dead Man's Corner in St Come-du-Mont. Worth a visit as it had a selection of artifacts donated by Major Richard Winters of Band of Brothers fame.
Recorded it on Sky+. Normandy is somewhere on my list of places to visit when I can get time.

Back