• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I couldn't do anything productive for a solid hour after that scene. Was totally, totally caught off guard. If there was one character I thought was untouchable, it was Cat.

On a more important note, though, Jon Snow is freaking moronic to leave Ygritte behind. Rose Leslie is just on another level.

You'll see. Typical Martin to kill lead characters.

Well, it's my fault for not reading the books, but I know they all get bumped off in the end.

Still, what does this mean for the North? Surely their challenge has now ended. Jon is obviously going to get killed by Ygritte (or someone else) sooner rather than later, Edmure/Blackfish surely aren't going to continue the North's push, Stannis is monging around with Gendry so isn't about to do anything yet and I understand Daenarys doesn't make her move until book five?

Really no idea where this show is going.

Indeed, that's going to come back and haunt him. Naturally the internet has gone nuts over episode nine. Some daft examples:

Here's a link to Maisie Williams' post on Vine about the episode...

and the Facebook recap for episode nine is pretty good too.

That 2nd spoiler is fantastic. The girl, number 3 then reccuring, with the peach blanket is hilarious! Must admit, having not read the books, it was a "WOW" moment. That little one, Arya, is going to have a bloody long list of people she wants to kill before things are over!

Edit; Glad I've not read the books as this show is the BEST series I've ever watched including 24, Spartacus, The Borgias and Prime Suspect

It was definitely a "wow" moment which in TV series is a rarity nowadays as so much has already been done in different genres that it is harder to truly surprise but that is twice in a couple of weeks now that it has happened. I am still recovering from John Hurt as the Doctor and then get hit by a massacre in GoT. I am so glad I have never read the books and I am meticulous in not reading spoilers.

I was stunned when they topped Sean Bean's character but it seems nobody is safe in GoT.

It will get worse before it gets better as well. No going to spoil anything though.

Still got Game of Thrones on my watch list so ignoring this thread for a while. Although The Metro newspaper had a full page spread on it today that I quickly had to turn over.

I knew it was coming, but bloody hell they nailed it.

One question....The one who got married, is he dead as well or do you not find out and just assume he's dead?

I think both Edmure and Blackfish have survived (so far).

Rumours are also suggesting that the entirety of season four will focus on the rest of A Storm of Swords. Here's a prediction by someone on another website which those of you who have read the books may, or may not agree with:

I predict the purple wedding will be episode 4, and Tywin dying will be the episode 9 highlight. Interspersed will be Dany settling in Meereen, Oberyn/The Mountains fight, Littlefinger and Sansa killing Lysa, some dorne stuff, jon being made lord commander, Stannis showing up in the north and Arya + Hound adventures, eventually heading to Braavos.

I read that Mail article this morning. Fucking hell the reporter clearly never watched the programme or read the book. There isn't a Lannister at the Red Wedding as it is the Starks (who get killed) who are the GUESTS of the Freys.

Seeing your spoiler, I agree with the likely Episode 9 Highlight. The rest sounds about right too. Might be a little more on Beric Dondarion and his little band of happy chappies but that might fall into series 5 as I think it is in A Feast For Crows

Rumours are also suggesting that the entirety of season four will focus on the rest of A Storm of Swords. Here's a prediction by someone on another website which those of you who have read the books may, or may not agree with:

I predict the purple wedding will be episode 4, and Tywin dying will be the episode 9 highlight. Interspersed will be Dany settling in Meereen, Oberyn/The Mountains fight, Littlefinger and Sansa killing Lysa, some dorne stuff, jon being made lord commander, Stannis showing up in the north and Arya + Hound adventures, eventually heading to Braavos.

Martin already confirmed S4 will be the second half of SoS a few months ago.

I really need to get on with reading the books

I hope "Only Cat" is the last scene of S04 E10. I wonder if they'll show Osha and Rickon on their adventures at Last Hearth/Skagos to give Natalia Tena screen time like they did with Alfie Allen this season. I hope they can bring back the original actor for The Mountain, the one they used for the second series was awful, I barely noticed that he was there and the fight with Prince Oberyn is one of the best scenes in the book. If they mess it up they will piss off a lot of people.

I think they sort of have to bring back Natalie Fairley towards the end of Series 4. I think we might see a lot more of her later incarnation than in the books and probably a little earlier for dramatic reasons. Looking forward to Joffrey having a bad day at his wedding and Tywin getting his comeuppance sat on the throne.

Daily Mail

That's how you do spoilers. Rather than announcing the plot to everyone without Sky Atlantic.

I think they sort of have to bring back Natalie Fairley towards the end of Series 4. I think we might see a lot more of her later incarnation than in the books and probably a little earlier for dramatic reasons. Looking forward to Joffrey having a bad day at his wedding and Tywin getting his comeuppance sat on the throne.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things, the second half of ASOS is just brilliant. They could end S03 E10 with Lady Stoneheart, it's bound to be leaked that she's returning for season 4 and it would be a brilliant way to end a season. I wonder whether they'll show RobbWind, the preview for episode ten shows Roose Bolton on top of one of the Twins looking out over the massacre of the Stark men.

Back