• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Bit of a spoiler in there if Bear is lurking, as I know he's watching it at the moment!

I'm not sure what to expect to be honest. It's fucked me over so many times already!

Yeah I saw the start of the post then avoided it. No spoilers please I'm only on season 2.

Langers - Season 4 of GoT will indeed be the second half of book 3.

Nando - You'll love Breaking Bad. Great show with some top acting from Bryan Cranston. It can move a bit slowly at times but there's loads to look forward to with it. I'm finally caught up to season 5 now so just waiting for it to start again after they've had some weird mid-season break as it's a slightly longer season.

Just switched over to enjoy a bit of Rick Stein on his new series and caught the end of what must be the worst format idea ever, seriously airport live with the annoying presenter who used to do spring watch? Has Alan partridge finally got his second series?

The Returned/Les Revenaunts, ep 2.
Madness of the highest order.
Spent yesterday listening to the soundtrack again.

The Returned/Les Revenaunts, ep 2.
Madness of the highest order.
Spent yesterday listening to the soundtrack again.

It was great. Just when I thought they were starting to wrap thing up and work towards explaining a few things, they blammed another sideways bosher right in my face!

Thought The White Queen got off to a decent start - always had an interest in that period of history so was hoping it'd be half decent.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good to - I see they have timed it to start just after GoT finished. Very cunning, should pick up a few lost souls!

That and The Borgias which started this week in GoT's slot on Sky Atlantic. Still yet to watch that.

Thought The White Queen got off to a decent start - always had an interest in that period of history so was hoping it'd be half decent.

My other half thought it was decent. I was disappointed, looked like middle aged soap where men are sex mad moronic warriors and the women are the clever power behind the throne. Pretty poor stuff from a period in history where religion ruled and was rarely mentioned.

The Tudors was much better even if it bent the truth a little.

The Tudors was much better even if it bent the truth a little.

Hugely disagree there mate. Whilst I don't think The White Queen was amazing, The Tudors was the epitome of a soap disguised as a costume drama. The acting in The White Queen was far better as well.

TBH I don't think this period of history has ever been done particularly successfully on the small screen - not since Elizabeth R anyway.

Hugely disagree there mate. Whilst I don't think The White Queen was amazing, The Tudors was the epitome of a soap disguised as a costume drama. The acting in The White Queen was far better as well.

TBH I don't think this period of history has ever been done particularly successfully on the small screen - not since Elizabeth R anyway.

I see your point about the Tudors and I agree with the acting in the White Queen, apart from the King who was as camp as a row of tents. I guess the yardstick for me is Elizabeth the film and the The Robert Carlyle mini-series Gunpowder, treason and plot, proper chilling as James I.

I'll be giving the White Queen another go though as the better half liked it and we only have one TV.

I see your point about the Tudors and I agree with the acting in the White Queen, apart from the King who was as camp as a row of tents. I guess the yardstick for me is Elizabeth the film and the The Robert Carlyle mini-series Gunpowder, treason and plot, proper chilling as James I.

I'll be giving the White Queen another go though as the better half liked it and we only have one TV.

Cate Blanchett's Elizabeth? That was very good.

I didn't see Carlyle's series for some reason which is odd because he's ace.

I've seen the guy playing Edward IV in something else and I can't think where.

The guy playing Edward is Jeremy Irons son, Max. He's been in Dorian Gray, Red Riding Hood and The Host

Cate Blanchett's Elizabeth? That was very good.

I didn't see Carlyle's series for some reason which is odd because he's ace.

Yes, Blanchett's queen was brilliant. Carlyle's James I http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377184/ (helps it was written by Jimmy McGovern mind you).

I also liked anonymous with Rhys Ifans but it wasn't so popular with the critics as it paints an odd picture about Shakespeare and then goes all action movie in the Tudor reign.

Yes, Blanchett's queen was brilliant. Carlyle's James I http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377184/ (helps it was written by Jimmy McGovern mind you).

I also liked anonymous with Rhys Ifans but it wasn't so popular with the critics as it paints an odd picture about Shakespeare and then goes all action movie in the Tudor reign.

Jimmy McGovern writing about the gunpowder plot featuring Robert Carlyle = WIN.

I didn't mention Cate Blanchett's Elizabeth earlier as I was on about the small screen. Otherwise I could have mentioned Shakespeare In Love, A Man For All Seasons and Carry On Henry. ;)

Love a bit of Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men.

Back