• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I quite like some of those documentary channels, Discovery, History etc, i've been watching PBS America recently, the brilliant Civil War by Ken Burns was on there not long ago and now they are showing a similar series about the birth of New York.

The only thing is the adverts do my head in!

For those that are interested the new series of Not Going Out starts tomorrow night (Friday 6th April) at 21:30 on BBC1. No Tim Vine this series though, which will be weird.

The first two episodes were poor and too far fetched for my liking. The third was better as it was back to the ongoing will they won't they theme.

I've been watching a lot of wildlife documentaries with my son (as in he watches them with me, he doesn't feature in them).

Quite like Swimming With Monsters with Steve Backshall.

He swam in open water with great whites a few weeks ago - that was quite spectacular.

My 6yr old Grandaughter loved watching the Deadly 60 when she was staying with us over Easter.

My 6yr old Grandaughter loved watching the Deadly 60 when she was staying with us over Easter.

Yeah we Sky + that too - quite like the fact they take an interest in nature. Rather that than Peppa bastard Pig.

Yeah we Sky + that too - quite like the fact they take an interest in nature. Rather that than Peppa bastard Pig.

It's quite refreshing how quick they seem to grow out of that Peppa Pig/ Night garden stuff, both her and her three yr old sister are glued whenever Sponge Bob is on though.

You havent been dragged down to Peppa Pig World yet then Langers? If my daughter gets into Peppa Pig and wants to go then I will have to come up with some elaborate excuse as to why we can't go. Maybe I'll tell her there has been some deadly viral outbreak and anybody that goes there will have to be quarantined for several years and to be on the safe side she will have to come and watch Walking With Dinosaurs or take a trip to the National Space Centre with Daddy instead.

Dan - I recommend Octonauts. That's harmless fun, not annoying and mine absolutely bloody love it.

The wife and I haven't yet had to put Peppa Pig on but they do sometimes see it at nursery. We did get the occasional bout of it when we were in the hospital with my daughter. It's utterly dreadful.

The first two episodes were poor and too far fetched for my liking. The third was better as it was back to the ongoing will they won't they theme.

Yeah it's been a bit poor. I really despise the Daisy character as well. Tim Vine is definitely missed too.

I quite like some of those documentary channels, Discovery, History etc, i've been watching PBS America recently, the brilliant Civil War by Ken Burns was on there not long ago and now they are showing a similar series about the birth of New York.

The only thing is the adverts do my head in!

I seen those civil war ones as well, very well done and enjoyable, (studied that as my A level history and it all came fllooding back)!

She is one bitch I will be glad to see the back off, between kids channel, DVD's and then having to read the bloody books at night (again and again).

Thank god my daughter has started to come out that stage now, well into scooby doo now, thought it was a good thing until last night when she started talking about monsters in the room!

Yeah it's been a bit poor. I really despise the Daisy character as well. Tim Vine is definitely missed too.

Yes I agree with you about Daisy.
Did Lee Mack and Tim Vine have a fall out as I saw Lee Mack on the Graham Norton show and an explanation wasn't given?

Got to see the latest GoT yesterday. To avoid spoilers as best I can, the Daenerys scene towards the end is brilliant and Langers was right about that chap...

Got to see the latest GoT yesterday. To avoid spoilers as best I can, the Daenerys scene towards the end is brilliant and Langers was right about that chap...

The last 2 episodes have been awesome - making up for a slower start in terms of action scenes.

Daenerys <3

iZOMBHl.jpg

Yes I agree with you about Daisy.
Did Lee Mack and Tim Vine have a fall out as I saw Lee Mack on the Graham Norton show and an explanation wasn't given?

No, he just wanted to concentrate on other stuff.

Mack really needs to replace him though as it is now just 30 minutes of him trying to get his one liner jokes in and they aren't really working with the missing character to bounce off

There was an awesome programme about Grizzly Bears on BBC last night. Did anyone see it?

No, last night's viewing entailed an hour of Made In Chelsea (I pretend to hate it, but secretly quite like it - please dont judge me) followed by continuing with Season 2 of the Mad Men box set.

Back