• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

For those that are interested the new series of Not Going Out starts tomorrow night (Friday 6th April) at 21:30 on BBC1. No Tim Vine this series though, which will be weird.

Has anybody been watching The Following?

Watched the first episode tonight and it was fantastic.

Currently enjoying a rerun of 'I Claudius' (BBC 4 on Tuesdays) it's all about the acting (the ability to show real menace without using any violence is remarkable) only appear to have 2 (badly constructed) sets so you focus more on the people & the emotions.

One of the best dramas of all time. Got it on DVD at Christmas - the acting is absolutely amazing, especially Derek Jacobi and John Hurt. The scenes with them both together are tremendous.

Series 3 of GoT just started excellently. Loved it.

I really enjoyed it too, but it was a bit of a slow start. No doubt getting the audience ready for the rest of the series! Can't wait for tonights (stupid Manchester derby getting in the way means I'll have to wait til later to watch it though).

Last night's episode of GoT again excellent - Paul Kaye as Thoros of Myr is one of the best pieces of casting I have ever seen!!

Have you ever had an image in your head of a character and when you see them on screen, everything is almost exactly how you hoped it would be? Absolutely tremendous. Diana Rigg was also pretty good as the Queen of Thorns. And it was good to finally see the Reeds.

Like series 2, it's interesting how they're altering the story from the books, giving minor characters a much larger part and condensing a hell of a lot of padding into the TV series.

And although you may not have realised it, last night's episode saw the first appearance of the most evil, sadistic bastard in the whole series (IMO anyway).

Would that happen to be the Queen of Thorns? Or Jojen Reed?

The episode was enjoyable, nothing more. A bit like the first one really.

Would that happen to be the Queen of Thorns? Or Jojen Reed?

The episode was enjoyable, nothing more. A bit like the first one really.

No - you wouldn't have known who it was as they haven't been introduced yet. Though they have been mentioned before by other characters.

Hmm. Guess I'll have to watch the episode again.

Oh well :p

Hmm. Guess I'll have to watch the episode again.

Oh well :p

I doubt you'd get it TBH - I only know because I've read the books, I have seen who has been cast in that role and I'm an uber nerd.

I doubt you'd get it TBH - I only know because I've read the books, I have seen who has been cast in that role and I'm an uber nerd.

tumblr_mb0zznFwl21r1mtsdo1_400.gif

Then you should like those T-shirts I've linked on the Dr who thread.

Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsey. Evil as fuck. You'll have seen him as the one torturing Theon Greyjoy. Assume that's who he means.

Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsey. Evil as fuck. You'll have seen him as the one torturing Theon Greyjoy. Assume that's who he means.

Correct sir. But he wasn't the one torturing him.....

Mind the spoilers for GoT please. It's only minor but it's telling me a character's future intentions which could reduce the impact of scenes with him in.

Watched the 1st episode of season 3 of GOT last night, the hour/50mins flashed by.

Not a fantastic episode but seemed to be putting the pieces in place. Not surprised they got rid of the Whitebeard angle (no strong Belwas?) but looking forward to how they deal with certain events and wondering if they'll get to the major event of SOS in this or season 4.

Remember reading the chapter on a train back from Bruges and having to re-read it straight after to actually take in what Martin had done.

Mind the spoilers for GoT please. It's only minor but it's telling me a character's future intentions which could reduce the impact of scenes with him in.

Fair point Bear. Apologies.

Anyone else finished off Season 3 of The Walking Dead? Thought it was great and already looking forward to Season 4.

Anyone else finished off Season 3 of The Walking Dead? Thought it was great and already looking forward to Season 4.

Seen 11 episodes so far a definite improvement on series 2.

Back