• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I'll never understand why people watch an entire 13 hour season again just because the next one's coming out. Haven't you got other stuff to watch?

To be fair I had to watch the entire series of LOST from the start before every new season just so I could remember what the hell was going on!

Absolutely loving Arrow at the minute, one of the best shows I've seen.

Been some good trailers for Game Of Thrones this week. Can't wait for the new season now.

I see Dennis Pennis himself has been cast as Thoros of Myr (I'm sure that'll mean something to Langers), as well as McKenzie Crook, Ciaran Hinds and Diana Rigg (Queen Of Thorns?).

Been some good trailers for Game Of Thrones this week. Can't wait for the new season now.

I see Dennis Pennis himself has been cast as Thoros of Myr (I'm sure that'll mean something to Langers), as well as McKenzie Crook, Ciaran Hinds and Diana Rigg (Queen Of Thorns?).

Thoros of Myr practices the same religion as Melisandre - he's one of Beric Dondarrion's gang.

The Queen of Thorns (Olenna) is the grandmother of Loras and Margaery Tyrell. Quite looking forward to seeing her, she's basically a cantankerous old crone so should be quite fun!

What day is it?

April Fools Day. But also Game Of Thrones day!!! It's all downloaded ready to go after the FA Cup/Wolves games. Can't wait!

I watched it this morning before work.

Really good actually! I really need to crack on reading the books though.

I'm torn wether to read the books. They're no doubt great but it would spoil what is coming up in the TV show.

I'm still on the first book so it will take me ages to catch up to the TV show. I really enjoy the story though and the books offer much more depth

Can't wait for Walking Dead Season 4 in October! I've really enjoyed the last 3 seasons, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it

I'm torn wether to read the books. They're no doubt great but it would spoil what is coming up in the TV show.
It'll take you a while to catch up to the series. The series is good in that it tells the same story as the books but often from a different perspective. The series in many places concentrates on story lines you've heard about in the book second hand.

Currently enjoying a rerun of 'I Claudius' (BBC 4 on Tuesdays) it's all about the acting (the ability to show real menace without using any violence is remarkable) only appear to have 2 (badly constructed) sets so you focus more on the people & the emotions.

It was steady but still good.

Back