• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Might not go down well on here but personally i have found Derek to be an excellent piece of work by Ricky Gervais.

Very Poignant, had me laughing out load one minute and crying the next, he has said himself that it was never meant to be a situation comedy.

I watched the first one but cluldn't be bothered after that. I have too much other stuff to watch. It was ok, but too similar to The Office in style.

I do like the female lead who runs the home though. She's a decent actress and is good at comedy too from her previous sketch shows she's been in. I find her quite attractive in a non conventional way too. I reckon she'd be a bit of a goer.

I saw the trailer for it, but didn't dig it that much. I think if it was a different actor than Gervais it'd work better.

I agree with that as well. Karl Pilkington does his best too but ultimately is just Karl Pilkington in a bald cap. He's not much cop at acting.

Yeah, you're right. It's too off putting as they're too famous for being themselves to play characters anymore.

Anybody watch Sons of Anarchy? Just started S1.

Just watched episode 7 of Ripper Street, it has certainly improved since the 1st episodes i think.

Also enjoying series 2 of Person of Interest and series 8 of Supernatural of which the latter has returned to form after a very average 7th series.

Arrow is also midly entertaining despite some rather ropey episodes.

Supernatural has gone to shit. It used to be my favourite series but it's just a load of filler now.

I would agree to a certain extent, as last season was pretty bad. They probably should have ended the show after the whole main heaven hell storyline had finished but this season has some decent episodes imo.

Currently watching Casualty, which is my second favourite after Corrie

Watched Broadchurch last night, which for an ITV drama, was pretty good. (Shame about the amount of adverts but they've got to pay for it somehow). Olivia Coleman was brilliant.

I'm through to the last episode of S2 Sons of Anarchy. Really enjoying it actually.

Game of Thrones Series 2 Box set picked up this morning. Now, just got to watch both series again before series three starts.

Game of Thrones Series 2 Box set picked up this morning. Now, just got to watch both series again before series three starts.

Mine arrived this morning too. Up to episode 7 of series 1 (the '1 episode a night' idea went tits up).

I'll never understand why people watch an entire 13 hour season again just because the next one's coming out. Haven't you got other stuff to watch?

I've watched the repeats of series 1 and 2 on Sky, partly to be ready for series 3, partly because my girlfriend hadn't seen it and wanted to watch it as I'd raved about it. She now loves it too...

Mine arrived this morning too. Up to episode 7 of series 1 (the '1 episode a night' idea went tits up).

Is series 2 as good as series 1?

And how are you getting on with Spartacus?

Back