• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I'm watching Community too, Senor Chang is absolutely hilarious. How far have you got?

Only about 10 episodes in to season 1 but my brother showed me the paintball one which is why I started watching the whole series - it was brilliant!

Monday. Sky 1. 10PM:

Spartacus-War-of-the-Damned-full.jpeg

:Victory: :Victory: :Victory:

Just finished watching Spartacus: Vengeance. I think it's fantastic and looking forward to the new series.

Did anyone watch Black Mirror on CH4 last night. Barr the jarring ending, I thought it was brilliant.

I saw it. Like you I thought it was really good, but the ending was a bit crass.

Last edited:
I've Sky plusd. As good as last time?

Not as outrageous as last time; almost plausible whilst retaining that element of extremity.

Makes you think about the image of yourself that is irretrievably out there in the public domain.....

Anyone else started watching The Following on Sky Atlantic? I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, it's pretty gruesome but kind of like a horror/thriller film as a series.

Yes me!
We're watching this and it's gripping tv. the fastest hour there is!

Mind you good as it is, can you see how it can be made into a full series??
There'd have to thousands of acolytes!!

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe is superb.

The Walking Dead is back after the mid-season break :)

Just about to reach the end of season 8 of House. Last two episodes now.

I'm addicted to Dexter. Halfway through season 2.

Agreed. Where on earth have we gone wrong?

Frank thats too deep a question for a short answer, but whilst the programme was disturbing - it is made, I suspect, to shock & the director would have focused on the worst cases. The Governor said that 90% of the problems come from 10% of the inmates. Without doubt most of what we saw involved that 10% (along with the token success story).

White Bear, the second Black Mirror was terrifying and disturbing in equal measure but was utterly brilliant. Can't give anything away but that's how to ask moral questions through TV. Top work by Mr Brooker and his mates.

White Bear, the second Black Mirror was terrifying and disturbing in equal measure but was utterly brilliant. Can't give anything away but that's how to ask moral questions through TV. Top work by Mr Brooker and his mates.

Absolutely.

It left a very bitter taste. In a good way.

Brooker is my hero.

Back