• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

How violent are the sex scenes? My wife was assaulted when she was younger, and finds watching some violent sex scenes a tad disturbing.

There is a flashback to a rape, and a bit of a sexy scene over the internet with her fella. The storyline/plot is sometimes disturbing and sad.

Finally finished watching all The Vikings series. Enjoyed them all.

Ivar The Boneless was a bastard wasn't he.

Reckoning on Netflix is a decent watch. Watched the first seven episodes and despite it being a slow burner the storyline and characters keep you involved.

finished watching Picard.
Watched 1 episode of The Mandalorian so far.

It's taken a little over 10 months, but I'm finally up to date with Supernatural. It's juuuuuuust entertaining enough to keep me interested.

What did you reckon to Picard? I liked it, but it didn’t really feel like Star Trek.

I'd agree, it felt quite standalone, just with a character you knew.
Episode 1 was a bit confusing, inasmuch as it is setting out the potential plot. 2-9 were really good.
I'm a bit split on the final episode. Because I knew 2 further seasons had been signed off, it meant I suspended a certain level of belief when certain characters were in dangerous situations.
The theme tune is nothing like star trek, but oddly did stick in my head when watching it!

Finished Reckoning and recommend it. Set itself up for another season which I’ll watch although the last episode was pretty predictable. A Saturday and Sunday night well spent anyway and it took my mind off yesterday’s game.

Enjoying Money Heist, don’t know why I haven’t watched it before.

Money Heist is good. Netflix milked more seasons out of it once it became successful, even though the story didn't warrant it, but its still good.

The Yorkshire Farm, what a big happy loving family.

The second series that is new and based around the Kennedy assassination is stonking

I'll get back to it when I've finished Money Heist.

Talking of which I finished season 1 last night and while I enjoyed it the end just killed it all for me.

If the professor was so, so meticulous, why the fuck would he leave all of their stuff they'd been using in that house they were planning the heist in? The plan all over the wall in the loft, half eaten food, plates, glasses and bottles with DNA all over them. Nobody who had thought of every minute detail would do anything like that, unless there's a twist at the start of season 2. If not then it was just stupid.

I'll still carry on watching though, some of the performances are excellent.

Line of Duty starting from the beginning on BBC1 tomorrow night at 9 pm (& tuesday)

Watched the last two series but never watched the earlier ones

I missed the second one for some strange reason, they're all brilliant though. I'll have to watch it sometime, it's on Netflix but just haven't got round to watching it yet. I think three was the best if I remember rightly.

Back