• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I missed the second one for some strange reason, they're all brilliant though. I'll have to watch it sometime, it's on Netflix but just haven't got round to watching it yet. I think three was the best if I remember rightly.

To watch it on Netflix would have to sign up again & pay them money - so BBC reshowing it is a bonus (even if I have to pay them money they take it whether I watch anything or not)

To watch it on Netflix would have to sign up again & pay them money - so BBC reshowing it is a bonus (even if I have to pay them money they take it whether I watch anything or not)
If you don't have Netflix Parkin you are missing the best tv certainly in terms of dramas out there.

Sky Atlantic:-

Perry Mason - Excellent

Penny Dreadful - Weird but excellent.

Thoroughly recommend both.

I'll get back to it when I've finished Money Heist.

Talking of which I finished season 1 last night and while I enjoyed it the end just killed it all for me.

If the professor was so, so meticulous, why the fuck would he leave all of their stuff they'd been using in that house they were planning the heist in? The plan all over the wall in the loft, half eaten food, plates, glasses and bottles with DNA all over them. Nobody who had thought of every minute detail would do anything like that, unless there's a twist at the start of season 2. If not then it was just stupid.

I'll still carry on watching though, some of the performances are excellent.

Oh well, spoiler gripe dispelled within two minutes of season 2 :icon_lol:

Netflix is well worth the money. so much excellent stuff on there.

Sky Atlantic:-

Perry Mason - Excellent

Penny Dreadful - Weird but excellent.

Thoroughly recommend both.

Think I watched the first two seasons of Penny Dreadful but had trouble 'finding' the rest. Might get back into it now it's on Atlantic. Is there a spin off as well set in the 70s?

Oh well, spoiler gripe dispelled within two minutes of season 2 :icon_lol:
Ha. Was just about to say.

They usually cover all the bases even if you think they've missed something.

Ha. Was just about to say.

They usually cover all the bases even if you think they've missed something.

Had a feeling that was the way it would go. On the second episode of season 2 and wondering how he's going to get out of his next scrape.

Getting arrested for lamping her husband so he can switch the evidence.

Season 2 is the best one for me. It comes to a nice natural end for the entire show. Then S3 onwards is Netflix wanting more.

All series of LoD are streaming on iPlayer at the moment, so you don't have to wait a week between episodes.

I notice they've got Heroes streaming as well, which I rather enjoyed first time round, despite its preposterous premise.

First season Heroes was awesome. Second season was great, but occasionally cracks began to appear. After that was cack...

We finished Fortitude last night.
Good show but the ending was awful. Worse than Game of Thrones. Extremely disappointing as it deserved more

First season Heroes was awesome. Second season was great, but occasionally cracks began to appear. After that was cack...
Season 2 got torpedoed by the US writers strike so they had to shoehorn a whole series into half the episodes and that messed up series 3 as well.

I've been really enjoying A Suitable Boy on BBC1. I know its a bit twee and that, but its very enjoyable and the scenery is fantastic. Makes me miss India though.

Onto the third season of Money Heist, it really is proper entertaining stuff. Very, very clever.

Onto the third season of Money Heist, it really is proper entertaining stuff. Very, very clever.
How did you feel about the ending to S2? For me it felt like a natural conclusion. And would have been but for its unexpected popularity.

How did you feel about the ending to S2? For me it felt like a natural conclusion. And would have been but for its unexpected popularity.

Definitely, you can tell that was where it was meant to end. I don’t think they ever completely divulged the relationship between Berlin and the Professor in the first two did they? They alluded to it but nothing was confirmed if I remember rightly, you only find that in season three. Nice touch if it was an after thought.

Might try that next. Got sucked into rewatching all the Only Fools again ha. But then my list to look at is:

Warrior Nun, Fortitude, Dark, Cursed, Money Heist, Reckoning, Perry Mason, Penny Dreadful,

Warrior Nun and Cursed both have exactly the same concept/story. I watched the former but didn't bother with the latter.

Back