• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched another couple last night and for the most part it feels like I'm watching a teen drama, which given the subject matter it technically is I suppose, but the twists are getting boring and predictable, the characters are weak as piss compared to the first series and these born and bred killers really are fucking wet.

There's still a couple of twists to come and the final episode is proper blood thirsty.

Watched this last night - https://films.nationalgeographic.com/free-solo - amazing documentary about a seemingly-impossible climb (without ropes) up a massive, sheer face in Yellowstone - almost barfed just watching it.

Great shout. It's a brilliant documentary. It's also on Disney + for anyone who has a subscription. Not only is it stunning in HD, I don't think I've been so tense watching TV since the 90 minute mark when we played Cardiff in 2018.

I’m knackered and should be going to bed, but I’ve stumbled across kill bill volume one on tv... (I’ve seen it before, but it’s so good!)

I was channel hopping the other day and stumbled across a programme but I'm damned if I can remember its name: It seemed to be about a group of people who live in close proximity to each other and broadly speaking, they all seem to get along with one another quite well. Judging by the way they speak (all their vowels are mangled) I'm thinking that it's from somewhere in the southern hemisphere? The only other information I can offer is that the theme tune makes your ears bleed.

Can anyone help?

Whenever I'm channel hopping I always come across that Naked Attraction for some reason ?

Yeah, usually happens when you type 'naked attraction' into the search box. Weird that.

I was channel hopping the other day and stumbled across a programme but I'm damned if I can remember its name: It seemed to be about a group of people who live in close proximity to each other and broadly speaking, they all seem to get along with one another quite well. Judging by the way they speak (all their vowels are mangled) I'm thinking that it's from somewhere in the southern hemisphere? The only other information I can offer is that the theme tune makes your ears bleed.

Can anyone help?

I'm guessing home and away or neighbours

Finished season 2 of Jack Ryan, last night. I thought John Krasinski would make an awful Ryan, but it's pretty damned good.

I watched all of Warrior Nun. I thought it might be more action heavy but it was pretty well made. It took a little while for the story to really pick up but it got better with every episode once it did.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Cursed, last night. The Arthurian story of The Lady Of The Lake and Excalibur and all that business.

Promising.

Finished season 2 of Jack Ryan, last night. I thought John Krasinski would make an awful Ryan, but it's pretty damned good.

Watched one episode of the first series and couldn't watch the rest because of him, he's one of those actors like Will Ferrel or Ben Stiller et al who just don't suit the subject matter. He looks too dumb/dippy/dopey to be playing a character like that.

Watched one episode of the first series and couldn't watch the rest because of him, he's one of those actors like Will Ferrel or Ben Stiller et al who just don't suit the subject matter. He looks too dumb/dippy/dopey to be playing a character like that.

You know, that's pretty much exactly what I thought as well in the beginning. I think he grows into the role.

Cursed - Okay, so I'm 5 episodes in now and some of the promise I had earlier has buggered off. It's really slow in parts, but I think it's leading up to something big.

RT has it at 72% from critics and 43% from audiences. As usual, it's the audience that seems more accurate.

It's okay. The acting is fairly decent but the story plods on a fair bit. I've watched 6 episodes now and I reckon they could've easily got there in 3.

Back