• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Was at the tip in Cannock this weekend (Poplars?) No queue and the system inside was spot on.

This could be the first chapter in a book of Great British Recycling Centres. Everyone has one good book in them, so they say.

Might I suggest Portishead for your consideration?

Be a short book.

Anyway in next weeks episode of Garbage Wars...(to get this back to a TV discussion)

Did anyone see Filthy Britain SOS last night? I'm amazed at how many people are happy to take a shit in a lay-by.

Can someone explain what has happened to Homes Under the Hammer.

The main host now resembles a drunk tramp but what is bugging me is this:

Presenter goes to house and walks/talks you through it (Dion Dublin brilliantly points out that the stairs lead to the next floor a lot)
Then a voice over comes in where they simply repeat what the presenter has just said

Skip to the part where they return and you get a 5 minute recap of what was said 10 mins previously.

Are the usual daytime TV viewers massive sufferers of memory loss!?

I love a bit of homes under the hammer, but yes its essentially 20 minutes of material stretched into an hour

I do admire whoever puts the music together. The most literal soundtrack in the world. Although Green Door by Shakin' Stevens is an overused backup if they're running out of ideas.

The scruffy drunk tramp has his own youtube channel....

It will always brings about bitter sweet memories to me and my wife, as it was always on in the waiting rooms at New Cross. In some way it was comforting to have some benial entertainment to break up the reality of what we were going through, we still enjoy it now.

Yes the music is as literal as it can get, they seemed to have stopped filming the person looking around the rooms, way better than it should have been watching people trying to act to be interested in a room

Can someone explain what has happened to Homes Under the Hammer. The main host now resembles a drunk tramp
I've seen Martin Roberts smashed at Glastonbury. Where he probably did resemble a drunk tramp.

Do people like watching programmes for books they’ve already read? Normal People would have been a good show if I hadn’t already read the book - see Little Fires Everywhere is on Prime - loved the book, but will that spoil the programme?

Anybody watching I Know This Much Is True on Netflix - Mark Ruffalo playing twins, one has serious MH issues - pretty dark but very compelling.

Do people like watching programmes for books they’ve already read? Normal People would have been a good show if I hadn’t already read the book - see Little Fires Everywhere is on Prime - loved the book, but will that spoil the programme?

I used to but Stardust ruined it for me. A really good book made into a bog standard film.

Watched the first one of Little Fires and it’s really good.

Also just started Cardinal, another book adaption, and thats really good too.

Finished Hunters last night. I thought the final episode jumped the shark

I gave up after episode 2 as I can't understand half of Pacino's mumblings.

Currently binging Brooklyn 99, then will watch the latest of Ozark. Then back to rewatching Peep Show or something as usual :icon_lol:

Bit behind the curve so just started Tiger King. What a batshit crazy country America is!

Last episode of Killing Eve was pretty good. Nice to see a bit of the old ultraviolence from Villanelle again.

Back