• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Best Killing Eve episode so far :)

Lot better this week after two meh episodes,I was really sad with constantin at the train station and haven't a clue which direction it's likely to go in,which is fantastic

Watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on Lance Armstrong. It's very interesting but he clearly has no remorse whatsoever and is a total dickhead.

FairPlay to him for winning the Tour de France while out of his head on drugs,I can't even find my bike if I'm in that state

I think Killing Eve is getting a bit rambly and directionless. There doesn't seem to be much reason for any of them to be doing what they're doing. And, frankly, if Villanelle isn't a sexy cold-blooded psychopath, I'm not sure I'm that interested!

I think Killing Eve is getting a bit rambly and directionless. There doesn't seem to be much reason for any of them to be doing what they're doing. And, frankly, if Villanelle isn't a sexy cold-blooded psychopath, I'm not sure I'm that interested!
This

Quite enjoying the Last Dance, the story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. We've watched the first two episodes, but no idea how they're going to spin it out for ten.

Quite enjoying the Last Dance, the story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. We've watched the first two episodes, but no idea how they're going to spin it out for ten.
It's brilliant. The back and forth narrative was a bit jarring at first, but once you get your head around how the story is being played out it superbly engaging. 10 episodes doesn't have an ounce of fat on it, don't worry about that.

It's brilliant. The back and forth narrative was a bit jarring at first, but once you get your head around how the story is being played out it superbly engaging. 10 episodes doesn't have an ounce of fat on it, don't worry about that.

OK, good. You have to feel for Scottie Pippen.

Although I enjoyed The Last Dance, I found the flip flopping back and forth really annoying. Whilst being somewhat familiar with the story, I had to admit I hadn't realised that Scottie sounded like Razor Ramone...

FairPlay to him for winning the Tour de France while out of his head on drugs,I can't even find my bike if I'm in that state

I know you're being flippant :) but EPO doesn't do anything to you bar artificially improve athletic performance and for years it was impossible to detect with the tests they had.

What you see very clearly is that Armstrong still has no qualms about anything he did. There's no attempt to whitewash it all from the makers. It's an excellent character study as well as covering the events with comprehensive footage and wide-ranging interviews. I know very little about cycling but I found it great and really looking forward to next week.

The thing is with Armstrong is that he doped much, much better than anyone else at a time when you had to dope or be left behind so in that respect all's fair IMO. It's his actions outside of that sphere (bullying, denial, calling a soigneur "a whore,") which have brought him down because so many other convicted dopers from that era have been rehabilitated.

Linked to that time in cycling, Matt Rendell's book on the death of Marco Pantani is an interesting but ultimately sad read; toward the end he was buying an ounce of coke at a time. An ounce.

One episode left of this series and they've got to pack a shit load of stuff into it to have the whole thing make sense.

The thing is with Armstrong is that he doped much, much better than anyone else at a time when you had to dope or be left behind so in that respect all's fair IMO. It's his actions outside of that sphere (bullying, denial, calling a soigneur "a whore,") which have brought him down because so many other convicted dopers from that era have been rehabilitated.

Linked to that time in cycling, Matt Rendell's book on the death of Marco Pantani is an interesting but ultimately sad read; toward the end he was buying an ounce of coke at a time. An ounce.

Oh yeah, as a person he comes across absolutely appallingly. As I say this is no mea culpa or an attempt to be understood. Even the documentary makers aren't quite sure why he agreed to do it because it isn't going to shift public opinion.

Watched the first episode of 'Snowpiercer' on Netflix last night

Not completely unentertaining though you have to suspend a belief in logic before watching it.

Really liked the Snowpiercer film, so have also watched the first episode of the series. Not quite sure how they can keep up the premise long term, but I'll definitely stick with it for now.

Will carry on for now,but not sure where they can take this without descending into a fairly standard dectective drama

Oh yeah, as a person he comes across absolutely appallingly. As I say this is no mea culpa or an attempt to be understood. Even the documentary makers aren't quite sure why he agreed to do it because it isn't going to shift public opinion.

He doesn't care. He still has a reasonable pile of money stashed away. And still got paid for the scene that pretty much has to be cut from Dodgeball.

He lucked out by investing in Uber earlydoors, otherwise he'd be skinter than Skinty Skint McSkint.

Extraction on Netflix with Chris Hemsworth, Produced by the Russo brothers - I had high hopes, but it turned out to be just a lot of gunfire.

I was just having a look at that, I'll give it a miss now.

Back