• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I’ve just finished watching the original Eighty Days around the World from Michael Palin. It’s on iPlayer and still the best if it’s kind in my opinion. Had a massive affect on me when I watched it at an impressionable age.

I’ve just finished watching the original Eighty Days around the World from Michael Palin. It’s on iPlayer and still the best if it’s kind in my opinion. Had a massive affect on me when I watched it at an impressionable age.

I think Pole to Pole is one there as well.

Have to go & check them out then - just finished reading all 5 books of his televised travels

7 episodes in to White Lines on Netflix. He deserved it and she's a self absorbed prick.

There have been plenty of late which I've enjoyed to varying degrees - Michael Portillo on a train, Around The World With Tony Robinson, Paul Hollywood Eats Japan, Simon Reeve's Mediterranean,Gordon, Gino and Fred"s Road Trip and Michael Palin in the Far East off the top of my head.

I have also got into The Hairy Bikers series and Celebrity Bake Off!

There have been plenty of late which I've enjoyed to varying degrees - Michael Portillo on a train, Around The World With Tony Robinson, Paul Hollywood Eats Japan, Simon Reeve's Mediterranean,Gordon, Gino and Fred"s Road Trip and Michael Palin in the Far East off the top of my head.

I have also got into The Hairy Bikers series and Celebrity Bake Off!
Simon Reeve has also done good series on Russia and The America’s - my wife is loving the most scenic railways series too - the Norway one looks amazing.

Simon Reeve has also done good series on Russia and The America’s - my wife is loving the most scenic railways series too - the Norway one looks amazing.

Reeve's programme was interesting as though it was about the Mediterranean, it wasn't partying in Ibiza, it was in part the North African side and visiting war torn areas and investigating the circumstances which destroyed them and discussing ISIS who had at one point controlled the area

I binge watched Reeves documentaries a while back after I think Langers recommended them.

I quite like celebrity bake off too. Though I'd never bring myself to watch the regular version.

7 episodes in to White Lines on Netflix. He deserved it and she's a self absorbed prick.

Same place and same thoughts, shame as its quite watchable otherwise.

The timeline is bugging me though, can't work out what year he's meant to have gone as all the music/clothes are late 80s early 90s yet he seems to have gone much later than that

Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad. Totally brilliant but also strange as there is barely a likeable character in it! The main protagonist, Walter White is completely loathsome after series 1. The other, Jesse, has some redeeming features to make him the closest to likeable. Almost everyone else is detestable on some level, although Saul is fucking hilarious.

Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad. Totally brilliant but also strange as there is barely a likeable character in it! The main protagonist, Walter White is completely loathsome after series 1. The other, Jesse, has some redeeming features to make him the closest to likeable. Almost everyone else is detestable on some level, although Saul is fucking hilarious.
Come on you've got to love a bit of Hank!

Last edited:
I loved virtually every character in it. Best TV ever made.

I think Mike and Hank are great characters but likeable? Not for me, or not completely anyway.

Watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on Lance Armstrong. It's very interesting but he clearly has no remorse whatsoever and is a total dickhead.

Back