• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

You seem surprised..?

Yeah :) It's tempting to think that Americans are just like Brits but with different accents, but they're really, really not. Just look at the US contingent on here - loons to a man! :whistle:

After catching the arse end of a couple of episodes I managed to see the Rob & Romesh episode on fashion, the two of them work very well with each other, very funny.

After catching the arse end of a couple of episodes I managed to see the Rob & Romesh episode on fashion, the two of them work very well with each other, very funny.
I liked their recent one on following the England cricket team in South Africa.

Last edited:
Will have to catch up on them, wasn't keen on Rob before watching this (liked a few things I'd seen Romesh do) but I find them pretty funny together.

Caught the end of the NBA episode which was also good.

They're great together. On some shows Rom though annoys me a bit, he just cracks the same shit jokes about being brown and having a lazy eye over and over. I get it, but gets boring

Saw Rob live, I thought he was hilarious

Can someone enlighten me to how Celebrity Gogglebox is produced during lockdown?

Is there a loophole that a living room becomes a TV studio if a programme is being filmed?

Can someone enlighten me to how Celebrity Gogglebox is produced during lockdown?

Is there a loophole that a living room becomes a TV studio if a programme is being filmed?

Apparently the camera and mics get dropped off, all clean, and the celebs sort it out themselves, with instructions on placement done remotely.

It's nowhere near as good as the normal Gogglebox and I've no idea who some of the people are.

But half the celebrities can’t live together, yet are sharing a living room?

Yep, they might be socially distancing but I’m not allowed round my folks house to watch TV.

Apparently it's classified as "work" and is therefore allowed...

Discovered Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Both are fantastic

I didn't like Ashes to Ashes as much as Life on Mars but it was still good, Life on Mars was absolutely brilliant.

Great TV. Feels like a lifetime ago when they were on tv.

It started before my eldest was born (shit!) so technically it was. Man I feel old.

Same, 3 years before our twins were born. Whole different time and place.

Starting to rewatch 'Green Wing' on All4 - people have said that other series have dated, but this hasn't.

Still funny if a bit weird.
Also watching this again. Definitely not dated and still a great show. Makes you realise Mark Heap basically plays the same character in Friday Night Dinner.

I didn't like Ashes to Ashes as much as Life on Mars but it was still good, Life on Mars was absolutely brilliant.
I'm towards the end of the second series of Ashes to Ashes. I think Life on Mars is a better drama. A to A has some great one liners and Gene is more likeable

Back