• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Line Of Duty - One of the best things on telly at the mo.

Utterly outstanding, most American TV shows would stretch the plot out across 2 series of 24 episodes each but the Beeb have this just right.

Watched the first of the last 2 parts of Twenty12 as well, 'rolling out the magic dust' as I type this.

The strange thing about Line Of Duty is that I want the suppossed bad guy to get away with it...!

2012 is good, too.

The strange thing about Line Of Duty is that I want the suppossed bad guy to get away with it...!

2012 is good, too.

I'm glad I'm not alone then. Good to have a show with genuine cliffhanger endings and proper characters with flaws.

I'm glad I'm not alone then. Good to have a show with genuine cliffhanger endings and proper characters with flaws.

I probably shouldn't admit to this, but I just hope the kid gets a kicking!

Utterly outstanding, most American TV shows would stretch the plot out across 2 series of 24 episodes each but the Beeb have this just right.

Watched the first of the last 2 parts of Twenty12 as well, 'rolling out the magic dust' as I type this.

I worked on one of the olympic projects a couple of years ago. Twenty 12 is fairly realistic regarding some of the bullshit that I heard at meetings.

They showed Only Fools and Horses: The Jolly Boys Outing on Gold last night.

I hadn't seen it in years, but I was absolutely creasing myself laughing in places. It's aged really well!

Del playing Trivial Pursuit - brilliant!

I hadn't seen it in years, but I was absolutely creasing myself laughing in places. It's aged really well!

It's a bic!! Absolute classic.

Greatest t.v. show of all time in my opinion, i've seen them all countless times, know what's coming up next but it still makes me laugh.

I watched that last night as well, superb. 'I lost my Dolphin' :)

Not sure how the green green grass has made it's way onto gold though, I guess it fills a bit of air time. They should have incorporated trigger into the show somehow, then it might, just might have stood a chance.

It's a bic!! Absolute classic.

Greatest t.v. show of all time in my opinion, i've seen them all countless times, know what's coming up next but it still makes me laugh.

Sometimes i think that makes a punchline even funnier. I've watched 'To Hull and back' about 37 times, i would watch it again tonight if it was on.

Let him lie down at the back of bus and let him sleep it off.

We can't he's the driver.

Sometimes i think that makes a punchline even funnier. I've watched 'To Hull and back' about 37 times, i would watch it again tonight if it was on.

The best for that is the chandelier episode. You know its coming, but it's still absolutely hilarious when it happens. Same as the bar fall.

Such a superb show.

So, these 'without banners' blokes, are they goodies or baddies?

Also, is it weird that Manse, or whatever his name is, hasn't been cast?

He will be cast soon as he'll feature heavily in the next series.

And the Brave Companions - mainly good but not so clear cut! Think of Robin Hood.

Brotherhood Without Banners and The Brave Companions - same thing?

Brotherhood Without Banners and The Brave Companions - same thing?

No - sorry, that was me being stupid. Two very different groups who fight on opposing sides.

The Brave Companions are led by Vargo Hoat - horrible lot who serve Tywin Lannister. Also known as the Bloody Mummers.

The Brotherhood Without Banners are completely different - they still serve Robert Baratheon and are anti-Lannister. But it also means they're anti-everyone else and as they served Robert, they're now outlawed. They're led by Beric Dondarrion who was seen very briefly in the 1st series, as Ned Stark told Lord Beric to go and hunt down Gregor Clegane.

Back