• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

A publicity stunt it was changed to promote the release of a box set - it was 2015 as mentioned previously...

Christ I've got to get a life

Man v Food - Although some of the stuff on there looks nice, with the portions that Americans eat, how have they all not died of a heart attack already? It's embarrassing, some of the meals they offer for sale in America. A 7lb burger?!?!?!?

Two episodes of Homeland left, and it's been good. I've not enjoyed it quite as much as The Killing, but definitely looking forward to the second season.

Got Touch and Alcatraz to watch next.

Homeland is a little slow, Alcatraz isn't great and Touch is the best of the 3 by far, IMO.

Prisoners of War > Homeland. IMHO.

'Very Important People' was was up and down but this is excellent.

First time I'd watched Wallander last night. Very impressed.

And the second series of Episodes was just a good as the first. Highly recommended.

Finished Friday Night Lights - excellent.

Watched a few of Touch - very good

Now on Continuum. So-so - decent premise though.

Homeland is a little slow, Alcatraz isn't great and Touch is the best of the 3 by far, IMO.

Homeland seems to have picked up pace towards the end, I've one left to go and finally it starts to get gripping. Too slow across the whole series but very well acted.

Touch will be up next, I don't particularly like the look of Alcatraz.

Clare Danes is excellent in Homeland.

My viewing schedule is a bit light at the minute as most of the shows are either finishing or waiting to start again in the US. I only have True Blood, Weeds, Eureka and Futurama for the entire week at the moment.

I'm going to start Boss as everone is saying it's great. Going to get back into Breaking bad too. I've got S03 ready and waiting to watch.

True Blood is pretty good so far this season (5) by the way. Much more interesting storyline.

Last edited:
Knowing that Alcatraz has been cancelled took the enjoyment out of it, for me.

All of the show start up again in either July or September.

Wilfred, Louie and Workaholics are on at the moment and worth a look.

Trash to Treasure on ITV at the moment must be one of the shittest programmes ever commissioned.

Nope - the prog about the woman who did the wedding dresses on my fat gypsy wedding then employing a load of gypsy girls a la Jamie Oliver is without question the worst waste of schedule time in the history of western civilisation

Back