• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Very much enjoyed the last episode of Race Across The World, in fact the whole series was very good, went from disliking pretty much all the contestants to wanting them all to win.....top telly

Jen not winning has improved my day. Bloody hell, staggeringly awful woman.

I'm with Nando. She was a fucking nightmare.

She drove me nuts at times, proper drama queen......all self, self, self

She drove me nuts at times, proper drama queen......all self, self, self

So glad she didn't win, stroppy bugger, bet she wears the trousers in that relationship. Nice to see that the winners are giving half of the money back to a charity.

Watched all of season 2 of After Life and I think it's Ricky Gervais' best work since The Office - it's excellent. Incredibly moving one moment and genuinely hilarious mere moments later is not an easy thing to do. The secondary characters are all very well written, and I really like how they are all moving on with their lives in various ways, yet Tony is still grieving and unable to do the same.

Paul Kaye's psychiatrist is fucking superb - some amazing lines :icon_lol:

I know Gervais isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think he's got this spot on.

I enjoyed it, but it tried to be too profound at every opportunity.

Brian is a fantastic character.

Joe Wilkinson and David Earl make an excellent podcast called Gossipmongers, fyi.

Watched all of season 2 of After Life and I think it's Ricky Gervais' best work since The Office - it's excellent. Incredibly moving one moment and genuinely hilarious mere moments later is not an easy thing to do. The secondary characters are all very well written, and I really like how they are all moving on with their lives in various ways, yet Tony is still grieving and unable to do the same.

Paul Kaye's psychiatrist is fucking superb - some amazing lines :icon_lol:

I know Gervais isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think he's got this spot on.

I really enjoyed it, but i didn't like Kaye's character at all (of course we weren't meant to like him), just found him absolutely unbelievable and ridiculous.

Brandy the dog is fantastic.

I really enjoyed it, but i didn't like Kaye's character at all (of course we weren't meant to like him), just found him absolutely unbelievable and ridiculous.

Brandy the dog is fantastic.

Kaye's character is an odd one, utterly believable as a personality but no way he'd be doing that job with that sort of mentality. Should've had that kind of influence on his brother in law from another source rather than his therapist.

Kaye's character is an odd one, utterly believable as a personality but no way he'd be doing that job with that sort of mentality. Should've had that kind of influence on his brother in law from another source rather than his therapist.

Agreed, no way he'd be a therapist. They could have shoehorned him in via a different vehicle, the only bit i didn't like though.

'The Last Kingdom' series 4 now on Netflix - slightly disconcerting that many seem to age, but not the lead character.

That aside am enjoying this

Celebrity Who Dares Wins - More than half of that lot are certifiable. Fashanu just put a choke hold on some other guy.

Beat the Chasers. Not as good as the original still a contestant walked away with 25k. Different format which the first round is pointless as long as you answer the first question right.

Quite like it. At least no one can do something that should be rewarded with a live on TV head kicking and a prison sentence...I of course mean take a minus offer.

Good to see the other chasers looking disgusted at their teammate when they get a question wrong.

Jen not winning has improved my day. Bloody hell, staggeringly awful woman.

She improved as the series went on but she was a proper pain in the arse. Felt for the husband.

Thought all the other contestants were great - especially the mum putting up with her nice but dim son.

'The Last Kingdom' series 4 now on Netflix - slightly disconcerting that many seem to age, but not the lead character.

That aside am enjoying this

I've watched the first episode and I know what happens, as I've read the books.

Also, it irks me that the actor that plays Uhtred is the size he is, as in the book he's supposed to be a physically imposing character, over six foot. Lady Aethelflaed is damned easy on the eye, though, kinda like the brilliantly named Thea Sofie Loch Naess who played Skade in season 3.

I've watched the first episode and I know what happens, as I've read the books.

Also, it irks me that the actor that plays Uhtred is the size he is, as in the book he's supposed to be a physically imposing character, over six foot. Lady Aethelflaed is damned easy on the eye, though, kinda like the brilliantly named Thea Sofie Loch Naess who played Skade in season 3.

I know the story too (currently reading 'War of the Wolf' which is book 10 with 2 more to go & supposedly book 13 'War Lord to come out in Oct this year)

Agree that Uhtred is not how I picture him, but suppose he got the part as being a pretty boy as well. A few of the others are nearer what I have in my minds eye though - Finnan (no irish accent though what that would have been in that time is anyones guess), Father Beocca, King Edward (clear underlying weakness), & some of the minor characters like Steapa & from earlier series Clappa. The Norse opponents all look the same though (for all I know they are recycling actors to keep the cost down :icon_smile:)

Back