• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just caught up on race across the world, fair play to donate to the street children.

Will have to catch up on Last kingdom now, I've read a fair few of the books, gave up on the 8th I think as I'd read them that quick that the formula was becoming a bit predictable (although no less enjoyable)

I know the story too (currently reading 'War of the Wolf' which is book 10 with 2 more to go & supposedly book 13 'War Lord to come out in Oct this year)

Agree that Uhtred is not how I picture him, but suppose he got the part as being a pretty boy as well. A few of the others are nearer what I have in my minds eye though - Finnan (no irish accent though what that would have been in that time is anyones guess), Father Beocca, King Edward (clear underlying weakness), & some of the minor characters like Steapa & from earlier series Clappa. The Norse opponents all look the same though (for all I know they are recycling actors to keep the cost down :icon_smile:)

Clapa was played by a powerlifter or a guy that competes in World' Strongest Man, I think. He was huuuge!

They've got the casting pretty much bang on except for Uhtred. The author himself said Uhtred was physically intimidating and a little over 6ft.

Second episode in of The End of the F****** World, is it worth persevering with. as the girl is seriously pissing me off :)

Second episode in of The End of the F****** World, is it worth persevering with. as the girl is seriously pissing me off :)

Series one is definitely worth sticking with.

Your life would not be irreparably damaged if you gave series 2 a miss.

I kinda liked series 2

Afterlife is as good as ever. Don’t think I have quite cringed as much as I did at the pub scene in ep3

I dont think series 2 of End of the F***ing world is as bad as others say, but not as good as series 1

Did the lot in one day, enjoyed it, might even listen to you people again one day :)

Bit late to the party I'm sure, but really enjoying Sunderland Til I Die. I even feel sorry for the Sunderland fans. And I hate Sunderland.

I watched the first episode last night. Good enough for me to watch the second.

Violence in this was nearly as brutal as the acting.
The fella who played the dead gangsters son is just plain fucking awful, a quick check and suprisingly, hes been in a few things on tv (unsuprisingly, Peaky Blinders with some equally bad acting)..and people say Ozark was slow?....jeez....this moved at tortoise pace but with drab dialogue.

Back