• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

They call me the Hiphopotomus, my rhymes are bottomless.

They call me the Hiphopotomus, my rhymes are bottomless.

“Then in the bathroom brushing our teeth/ That's all part of the foreplay, I love foreplay/ Then you go sort out the recycling/ That isn't part of the foreplay, but it's still very important”

"So you think maybe you'll be a prostitute
Just to pay for your lessons, you're learning the flute
Ladies wouldn't pay you very much for this
Looks like you'll never be a concert flautist"...

Inner City Pressure

Goodbye Moonmen from Rick and Morty is still, I think, the best song by Jermaine Clement.

Also, are y'all aware the Bret McKenzie won an Oscar for Best Original Song 'Man or Muppet?

Went back on Netflix to watch the latest series of 'Last KIngdom', but have finished that now.

Any recommendations?

To anyone that'll listen, seeing as I have nearly completed Netflix, I have happened upon some complete dross, but none take the title of WTF as much as Alien Warfare, the worst scripted, the worst acted, the worst costumes and special effects (the aliens are in black painted Power Ranger outfits with mittens on !! )
I cannot recommend too much not to watch this. It got 2.5 on IMDB

Went back on Netflix to watch the latest series of 'Last KIngdom', but have finished that now.

Any recommendations?

Raising Dion is decent, Ozark, Mindhunter, GLOW (mainly as you see Alison Brie and Betty Gilpin in the buff), Hollywood (only out this week but to excellent reviews), Money Heist, The Umbrella Academy, Locke and Key.

Just watched the last two Star Wars films on Disney - so, so bad! The last one especially was all kinds of bullshit. Such easy, lazy ways out of hard situations, no emotional impacts at all, just “chuck as much of the old stuff in and it will be fine”. Rey and Ben, really? Ewok cameo for no reason? Palpatine, really? Billy Dee?

They would have struggled to make it any worse imo

Just watched the last two Star Wars films on Disney - so, so bad! The last one especially was all kinds of bullshit. Such easy, lazy ways out of hard situations, no emotional impacts at all, just “chuck as much of the old stuff in and it will be fine”. Rey and Ben, really? Ewok cameo for no reason? Palpatine, really? Billy Dee?

Yes?
Oh, the other one...

I really enjoyed them both, despite the last one being a bit of a clumsy mish mash. Still entertaining though and still light years better than the prequels. IMO they struggle with having no predefined direction - a better planned trilogy would have been better. But overall, they ticked the boxes for me.

I still think Rogue 1 and The Mandalorian are the best Star Wars things Disney have done - they're awesome.

Agree with Langers here. Yes it's a shame they were winging it ,but I still really enjoyed the sequel trilogy, certainly more so than the prequels. Eps 2&3 are unwatchable.
Rogue One was fantastic and really enjoyed the Mandalorian.

Rogue 1 is really good. Haven't yet seen the mandalorian. My dad has it for me, along with the picard series. In theory, I might get hold of it in another 5-6 weeks. Maybe.

I've been enjoying the next generation on pick, weekdays at 6. There have been a few borg episodes recently. They're ace. First Contact is an awesome film.

Mandalorian was a slow starter. Took a good 4 episodes to get into. I'll watch S2 but I wouldn't say it's great or anything.

Back