• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Why is there two Gs surely its short for Gregory ?

Nope, that's his name. His high street bakery goods firm is spelt the same way

Greg(g) Wallace is a fucking gimp. An overblown greengrocer.

gregg-wallace-gif-1.gif
With short hands...

Well the new Red Dwarf was pretty awful from start to finish. One or two moments of decent humour and that was it. The rest was dire.

I thought it had been awful since they first brought it back, must be about a decade ago now.

There was a period when it was class, but thats some time ago now

It certainly wasn't brilliant, I've deleted the recording off Sky. Yes there was a few funny bits in there, but I think humour has advanced in thirty years and they haven't , some of it was pure 'Rentaghost' shit ! (for people of a certain age ), the actors who played the three cat people escaping, had they won a prize at some amateur dramatic society, they were awful .

Well the new Red Dwarf was pretty awful from start to finish. One or two moments of decent humour and that was it. The rest was dire.

I thought it had been awful since they first brought it back, must be about a decade ago now.

There was a period when it was class, but thats some time ago now

Think that I actually fell asleep during it (saw the start & the end) - my own fault for activating the massage chair, though not sure that the programme was helping much.

It's kind of a Nenad Milijaš syndrome, you so want it to be good but other than the odd flashes, it was really disappointing !

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that an episode of Red Dwarf was rubbish.

I'm not sure Chris Barrie has ever actually been good. Pretty sure The Brittas Empire won't have aged well and he was also in this which was execrable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd99CHy4BAI

Red Dwarf was past it's best after season 3, although was still very watchable up to and including season 6. After that...

Chris Barrie I've always liked. He was the best thing about Red Dwarf back when it was great.

I think he may have been involved with Spitting Image for a while? He can have a pass for that.

That is the first time I've watched A Prince Among Men since it was actually on, pushing 25 years ago. It's incredibly poor :icon_lol: I'm fairly sure they came up with the title first and then wrote around that.

He was good in britains greatest machines,and massive engines,where he talked about tractors,land rovers tanks etc,and err massive engines

Red Dwarf was amazing when they were doing episodes like Backwards and Dwayne Dibley. It has been painful for years.

When Grant & Naylor were together it was excellent, since they split up it went downhill. Such a disappointment they're back together and its still pants !

I gave it up to the time they were in the desert and gave up, so about half way?

The actors that played Lister's disciples were awful, especially the bloke. In fact, it was all pretty rotten and only nostalgia let me get to the halfway point.

Back