• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Original Joey.

We do not speak of his wet blanket replacement.

Until she opens her mouth in real life, she is a full on Aveline off Bread.

p.s. love Killing Eve bu as other posers have said i did tail off a bit last series

Which Aveline?

You're starting to get annoying now aren't you ?? :icon_lol:

The second one, was it Melanie something ?

The one with he Scouse accent ..............

Wasn't the second one (Melanie Hill?) Sean Bean's real wife and Barry from Auf Wiedersehen Pets on screen wife?

I think so... I thought you'd know as you seemed to know how many of each character there was, I was starting to think you're Carla Lane and was ready to claim my prize :)

I only just remember Bread and I'm 42.

I didn't think Comer's scouse accent was THAT bad. And she is definitely the only reason to watch KE as she's excellent. Should have won the Emmy last time out too.

I can remember Bread pretty clearly and I'm nearly 48.

I am catching up with Race Across the World on iPlayer. First series was enjoyable stuff and series 2 seems to have started in a similar fashion. It's enjoyable escapism and some the scenery is amazing.

Are you only 47 Pad?

Was your paper round in the Cairngorms?

The wife and I are enjoying the Race too. It's interesting to see other cultures that we just don't know exist on this side of the world.

Life was clearly fucking tough in my grammar educated southern leafy upbringing...

Seriously, I think I got out of the law at the right time but the damage was done and it really has aged me quite a bit.

I did do paper rounds when I was a nipper. Aylesbury Plus and Tring Gazette. God, the pay per paper really was fucking slavery!

Life was clearly fucking tough in my grammar educated southern leafy upbringing...

Seriously, I think I got out of the law at the right time but the damage was done and it really has aged me quite a bit.

Only joking with you Pad, I don't look like I'm drinking from the fountain of youth either.

I look like the bloke who grabbed for the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and didn't choose wisely.

The Race across the World is good telly for me.....even though half the contestants irritate the shit outta me.
As for Killing Eve, was a bit concerned that series 2 wouldn't measure up but I enjoyed it, hopefully I will still enjoy series 3.
Question, why is the new series on iplayer rather than BBC 1? Its got to be one of the beebs most popular shows

The Race across the World is good telly for me.....even though half the contestants irritate the shit outta me.

The couple that won the first series really wound me up. Mind you I wanted the estranged dad and son who came second to win in Singapore.

The young married couple are alright this series, and the Mum taking her obviously challenged son on the trip while he spends the time getting more and more mardy arsed is quite amusing. The brother and sister - she seems okay but he is totally domineering. The Uncle and Nephew just aren't really doing anything for me positively or negatively.

As for Killing Eve, was a bit concerned that series 2 wouldn't measure up but I enjoyed it, hopefully I will still enjoy series 3.
Question, why is the new series on iplayer rather than BBC 1? Its got to be one of the beebs most popular shows
It is on BBC One, a few days after it airs on iPlayer.

Oh and this time it's one episode a week. Not dropped all in one.

I’ve been enjoying Race too, didn’t watch the first series so will have to catch up with it on iPlayer hopefully. It’s good honest entertainment, which is much needed at the moment.

Does make me want to start travelling again. Thought tbf you could say that about most things at the moment.

The couple that won the first series really wound me up. Mind you I wanted the estranged dad and son who came second to win in Singapore.

The young married couple are alright this series, and the Mum taking her obviously challenged son on the trip while he spends the time getting more and more mardy arsed is quite amusing. The brother and sister - she seems okay but he is totally domineering. The Uncle and Nephew just aren't really doing anything for me positively or negatively.

Thats interesting, I'm currently wanting uncle/nephew to win as both seem ok while one out of the other couples annoys me......I guess the whole point of the show is to have irritating people who sometimes come good at the end......I also wanted estranged dad/son to win the last series

Back