• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Bloke carrying the chairs is David Jason's brother,I vaguely remember this,she randomly came through the wall

Yeah, he's been in a few shows with his brother. In 'A Touch of Frost' he was one of the police officers.

Operation Good guys was always underated imo, although I havent watched any episodes since it aired.

Blackadder is essentially the humour of my life, I loved that series.

OFAH, porridge, yes minister, father ted, phoenix nights all excellently written.

Not got any time for "modern" sitcoms, not going out is watchable but not a belly laugh in sight, a nod to well delivered lines though.

Mrs browns boys is just pure shite...

Car Share as a modern sitcom is genius. Kay at his finest.

Parks and Rec is very good to be fair. I also quietly enjoyed Big Bang Theory, although it was entertaining rather than belly laugh levels.

Yes really enjoyed car share, brilliant writing by Peter Kay. I loved Phoenix nights but never got on with the Max and Paddy stand alone show

Max and Paddy had its moments but never going to have the same edge as PN, maybe Kay shouldn't have really annoyed Spikey and Fitzmaurice.
Spikey did a sitcom that lasted 1 series, called Dead Man Weds. That was really good until the last episode and the ending. So so so so so BAD it ruined everything

Watched back Series 1 of PN last night, still laughing away at it. Brilliant stuff

send the buggers back is just a classic comedy moment. I was in tears watching it.

Bloody hell, it must have been bad to ruin an entire series

It was just beyond shit and shame as I enjoyed the everything else

The actual idea was good - Man moves from big national paper to look after regional rag, Dead Man Weds is one of the headlines. Local Chemical Plant doing dodgy stuff, he investigates it and causes problems. All loaded with jokes and visual gags you would expect but then the ending is just WTF have have you done Dave! Go back and rewrite it

Oh and Early Doors is another classic. Absolutely loved that show and so happy they did a stage version a couple of years back

Never got into early doors, will have to give it another go.

Spikey was great in PN and I thought he would go on to better things.

I loved Bottom when it first came out but that's not aged too great, although the gas man episode is still a good watch. Cant help but feel a little sad now watching back with Rick Mayall now passing

Max and Paddy had its moments but never going to have the same edge as PN, maybe Kay shouldn't have really annoyed Spikey and Fitzmaurice.
Spikey did a sitcom that lasted 1 series, called Dead Man Weds. That was really good until the last episode and the ending. So so so so so BAD it ruined everything

Watched back Series 1 of PN last night, still laughing away at it. Brilliant stuff
I watched both series B2B last night. Some comedy classics in there (or is it thur?).

Not sure if inside number 9 is classed as a sitcom or not but that's also brilliant.

And the League of Gentlemen is still darkly funny.

Reading through this thread this morning, as a fan of Phoenix Nights and The Office, I was hoping to get to the end before someone mentioned Last Orders. Brilliant writing and portrayal of a proper pub environment and characters.

Loved Frasier, but as with Friends seen every episode so many times.
Otherwise its cartoons, Family Guy and Archer for me

Brooklyn Nine Nine is decent, but that's 90% down to Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher.

Back