• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Wasn't a fan of Spaced. Too much nerd crap.

Did like Black Books though.

Have some fond remembrances for Blackadder 1 (even though overall it wasn't that good) just for Brian Blessed's overacting role (though suspect that is what he did in all his roles)
YES!!!!...... EDGAR!!!

Brian Blessed is the best thing in Blackadder 1.

Does anyone remember when they tried to remake Married with Children with Russ Abbot, I don't think that lasted a series !

I'm the opposite. Loved Spaced, Black. Books was extremely meh.

Same. Black Books was a pile of wank. The Green Wing was good, but anything with Mark Heap in has a decent chance.

The IT Crowd also goes in my top 5.

Does anyone remember when they tried to remake Married with Children with Russ Abbot, I don't think that lasted a series !

Oh my God. Truly awful.

Well done if you get through this whole clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpsXJeV9E08

And who casted Russ Abbot in 1996?! It had got to have been at least 10 years since he was famous.

Top five comedy programs would probably have to be

Blackadder Goes Forth
The Day Today
KMKYWAP
Mary Whitehouse Experience (only for History Today, the rest was shit)
The Young Ones

Finest comedy for me:

Blackadder II (I know people rave about 3 and goes forth, but that is the perfection point of the series for me)
Fawlty Towers (preferably season one, although season two is still excellent)

Everything else.

Oh my God. I lasted a minute before the urge to vomit my ring up overtook all consciousness. That is appalling. I do remember it vaguely.

What a bag of shite.

Green Wing was very good - Black Books, not bad but not sure that it would survive a second viewing

Oh my God. I lasted a minute before the urge to vomit my ring up overtook all consciousness. That is appalling. I do remember it vaguely.

What a bag of shite.

Would probably have watched that when it was on (well there wasn't as much choice as now) - have no recollection of it.

Both Yes Minister and the New Statesman were fine viewing.

The "who all the readers of the different papers want to run the country" scene is a classic

"The readers of the Sun don't care who runs the country, as long as she has big tits"

Yes Minister was superb - Yes Prime Minister went over into running out of ideas they should have stopped before they bothered with that

Back