• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched a couple of episodes of Fleabag the other day but the breaking of the 3rd wall irritated me, don't think I'll stick with it.

Comparing Fleabag to Miranda is like comparing Dwight Yorke to Carl Leaburn.

Comparing Fleabag to Miranda is like comparing Dwight Yorke to Carl Leaburn.

Oh i have no idea, haven't seen either except for trailers.
I expect both have comedic references about waitrose and such shit.
Never found The Good Life, Butterflies or Just Good Friends funny either.

How dare you lump The Good Life in with those other programmes :)

I have a soft spot for Butterflies actually. It was faintly surreal and wistful. And you got to hear the main character's internal monologue as she contemplated having an affair. If you did that today, you'd have BAFTAs and Golden Globes coming out of your arse!

I think programmes like Butterflies are something you'd appreciate as you got older and appreciate 'gentler comedy'

Enjoying the storylines and actors in the Treadstone series, Although the fighting is a bit daft, especially when you see an 8 stone woman taking on a full grown man. Not usually a fan of jumping from past to present all the time, but in this it works and is easy to follow.

Watched 3 episodes last night, really enjoying it. 7 to go.

It's a decent series. That lovely looking N.Korean girl could kick a fully grown man's ass, no problem.

tbf, she's welcome to kick mine.

I think you’re a little bit obsessed Pablo.

It’s a good series, a little confusing at times and they’ve clearly spelt the title wrong too.

I think you’re a little bit obsessed Pablo.

It’s a good series, a little confusing at times and they’ve clearly spelt the title wrong too.

I'll freely admit that I like the idea of a girl that could kick my ass. Gina Carano is my number one pick on that front.

The original Michael Palin 80 days around the world is on iPlayer. I watched it when it first came out and was very impressionable - probably did more to influence me than anything since.

The original Michael Palin 80 days around the world is on iPlayer. I watched it when it first came out and was very impressionable - probably did more to influence me than anything since.

Might have another look at that then - the books (which I have all of) are worthwhile as well

I've started binge watching the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, does this mean that I'm turning into a 12 year old girl ?

I've started binge watching the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, does this mean that I'm turning into a 12 year old girl ?

It's not bad! Pretty blood thirsty, and the lingerie ceremonies are quite nice!

Enjoyed the first episode of Cobra so Squeeze and I are going to binge the rest of the series.

Back