• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Really quite impressed by this new Dracula adaptation. I had low expectations after the first 10 mins but it improved drastically. The Van Helsing character is excellent, and it's really well written and acted. Even my wife liked it and she doesnt normally enjoy things like that.

All will be revealed.....I hope

It'd be a bit shit if they didn't explain it! I guess he took a lot longer to heal from the explosion than expected! Maybe the sea water?

Really quite impressed by this new Dracula adaptation. I had low expectations after the first 10 mins but it improved drastically. The Van Helsing character is excellent, and it's really well written and acted. Even my wife liked it and she doesnt normally enjoy things like that.

She's a decent actress, Dolly Wells, but I first saw her in Doll & Em a few years back in terms of a main role. She's BFF with actress Emily Mortimer since pre-school. Anyway, she was in Star Stories, if you remember that?

'Deputy', with Stephen Dorff started on Fox last night. Considering it's just another in a long, long line of Police dramas, this one shows definite promise.

She's a decent actress, Dolly Wells, but I first saw her in Doll & Em a few years back in terms of a main role. She's BFF with actress Emily Mortimer since pre-school. Anyway, she was in Star Stories, if you remember that?

I first saw her in Peep Show, but she definitely has something. The accent was spot on too.

Just caught up on Dracula episode 2. Now I'm totally confused.

Don't normally enjoy watching this kind of thing, but have to say I really have enjoyed this one. Hope tonight's episode sorts out my confusion.

15 minutes to see if it makes sense. I hope so because I have thoroughly enjoyed it and the lead two actors have both been fantastic. Claes Bang is an AWESOME dracula and Dolly Wells is the perfect Van Helsing.

Awaiting verdicts on whether to bother watching the whole lot tomorrow...

I think you should.

However, can I strongly recommend avoiding the Goes Wrong Show which is absolute garbage. Thirty seconds and I want to claw my eyes out.

Very well-made and interesting take on it. Episode 3 was properly out there.

Episode 3 was the weakest but overall they have done a fresh take on a classic, and overall its been a success.

The actor playing Dracula truly made it his own.

Enjoyed Dracula but not sure on the ending. A little too neat for my liking.

Started watching Fleabag. It is superb. So well written and acted. Phoebe Waller Bridge deserves all the awards she gets

One of my absolute faves growing up.

Edit: Danger Mouse not Fleabag, although I like that too!

Started watching Fleabag. It is superb. So well written and acted. Phoebe Waller Bridge deserves all the awards she gets
I tried to watch it but got completely put off by the end of Ep1. When she's absolutely horrible to the guy she goes out on a date with for no reason whatsoever. Nope, get in the bin.

15 years late to the party,I'm currently binge watching life on Mars on I player,(I didn't own a TV when it was first shown really) enjoying it,can see why it was highly rated,getting more annoyed than I should be over Gene Hunts cortina,it's got a GXL badge on the grille,but an E badge on the body,so is it a 2Litre E,or a 2Litre GXL? it can't be both

I tried to watch it but got completely put off by the end of Ep1. When she's absolutely horrible to the guy she goes out on a date with for no reason whatsoever. Nope, get in the bin.

Yeah, one episode was enough for me too. Might give it another chance if a gap opens up for it.

Fleabag was brilliant. I can't possibly work out why Bear wouldn't have been on board with a strong, independent, central female lead in charge of her own life and decisions? *shrug*

Back