• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Plus she is supposed to be horrible at times. That’s one of her character flaws!

Fleabag was brilliant. I can't possibly work out why Bear wouldn't have been on board with a strong, independent, central female lead in charge of her own life and decisions? *shrug*

This made me laugh.

I like the programme but the whole point is that she knows herself she's a shitbag of a person at times, not that she's strong and independent.

Nope, sorry Pad, women should be pretty, pink and lovely at all times.

This made me laugh.

I like the programme but the whole point is that she knows herself she's a shitbag of a person at times, not that she's strong and independent.

Well, quite. But early series one she certainly portrays herself this way.

Fleabag was brilliant. I can't possibly work out why Bear wouldn't have been on board with a strong, independent, central female lead in charge of her own life and decisions? *shrug*
She wasn't any of those. She was just a horrible cow who was too far up her own arse.

Since when did characters in a TV series or film need to be nice?

Friends is one of the most successful shows of all time. They're pretty much all terrible people on at least some level.

She wasn't any of those. She was just a horrible cow who was too far up her own arse.

It gets better and better as it progresses. The fact that she has got you worked up about her after 1 episode shows how good the character development is.

Since when did characters in a TV series or film need to be nice?

Friends is one of the most successful shows of all time. They're pretty much all terrible people on at least some level.
There's a difference between being a flawed character or an obviously bad/evil person, and just being unnecessarily nasty for no reason out of nowhere.

Have you ever seen Nighty Night with Julia Davis (who is brilliant in pretty much everything)?

She's worse than Fleabag! Great series though.

Anyway. It isn’t Fleabag who spends most of episode one up her arse, is it?

Jeez Bear, your incel buddies will be proud!

IN OTHER NEWS!

Watch Messiah, it's the bomb diggity do.

You was good. Very slick LA nonsense but enjoyable. It keeps you entertained as the main character is really well written

Is Flebag as middle class as the trailers make out?
Ala' Miranda without the canned laughter.

Finding Servant very unsettling.

Back