• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

So, A Christmas Carol is on BBC for the next three nights. It was on in America a few days ago so I've watched all three episodes over the last couple of days and I have to see it's pretty damned good. Well worth a watch, especially as Guy Pierce is creepy as fuck playing Scrooge.

Watched first two, doubt I'll bother with the third. The use of ' fuck and fucking ' just doesn't seem right :icon_lol: and what's with Ebenezer 's sister pulling a gun out at the school and all the other changes. Doesn't seem right to me, although you are right, Guy Pierce is as creepy as fuck in it.

The third episode is the best of the three. They didn't really change the story, just added to it.

Honestly, I find the ending of previous incarnations all a bit twee.

Yep, loved it... Watched episode two and three last night. Much darker portrayal of the story and better for being a little different

Yeah I enjoyed the more modern feel to it, thought it got better as it went on.
Was interested in the use of swear words, I assumed they were quite a modern invention but apparently 'fuck' arrived in the 14 th century and was used by monks as a code word to hide their lack of chastity, no doubt there are other explanations

When he's sat in the graveyard talking to is sister, that's really sad.

I can't believe Gavin and Stacey ended like that...the dirty bastards!

And I thought we were FINALLY going to find out what happened on the fishing trip!

Did you know that the lady who played Neil, was also Neil the baby 10 years ago.

A downside of Christmas is having to sit through Mrs Browns Boys. Dear God.

Occasionally heard this afternoon/evening "are we all sure this is what we want to watch?". Frequently heard "just not that Mrs. Brown's Boys".

Never found it funny when it came on at 2230 last night was my cue to go to bed after a long over indulged day.
Even people who found it funny don’t anymore, expect it to be hooked in the near future.
Must be a very niche audience, seems that different parts of the uk and Ireland have different views on humour.

Mrs Brown's Boy is the worst thing on TV, and I include in that any news stories regarding genocide.

Last edited:
I'm onto episode 3 of The Witcher. Enjoying it so far. Could be more monster fights mind.

Back