• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

All those niggly little questions get answered, which is something I like. I do have to put the subtitles on when Louis Gossett Jr is speaking.

So, A Christmas Carol is on BBC for the next three nights. It was on in America a few days ago so I've watched all three episodes over the last couple of days and I have to see it's pretty damned good. Well worth a watch, especially as Guy Pierce is creepy as fuck playing Scrooge.

So, A Christmas Carol is on BBC for the next three nights. It was on in America a few days ago so I've watched all three episodes over the last couple of days and I have to see it's pretty damned good. Well worth a watch, especially as Guy Pierce is creepy as fuck playing Scrooge.

I'll watch this but the trailer has me laughing because I imagine the TV exec commissioning it is Bill Murray in Scrooged.

Reports have it that they have fecked up the story - when it was a classic and dosn't need embellishment

True or not?

Might give the first episode a go to see what it's like (if it is anything close to what they did with War of the Worlds then won't expect to get to the end though)

The bones of the story are there but there's more detail on what Scrooge and Marley did to be damned and what made Scrooge such a git in the first place. You also get an idea as to why the spirits visited him.

The third episode is the best and even made me sniffle little bit, the modern man I am.

The bones of the story are there but there's more detail on what Scrooge and Marley did to be damned and what made Scrooge such a git in the first place. You also get an idea as to why the spirits visited him.

The third episode is the best and even made me sniffle little bit, the modern man I am.

Will start this then & see how it goes - not sure that I will get to the end as the thought of you crying will seriously distract me :)

Might watch it. Might not. Dracula around New Year is bang on the watch list though. Trailer looks fucking awesome.

I'll watch this but the trailer has me laughing because I imagine the TV exec commissioning it is Bill Murray in Scrooged.
I saw that Stephen Graham is in it. Good enough reason not to watch it.

What?!! Stephen Graham is brilliant.

I never used to like him but he’s grown on me, the fact he was class in Snatch and Mean Machine carries weight.

Finished Mr Robot last night and have no idea what to make of the last episode. Not what I expected and I think I need to watch the first episode again to see if it referred back to that. It was class up to that point but the ending was just plain strange.

I watched This is England for the first time on Friday, he was brilliant in that.

Never got round to watching that, I should at some point.

I was exactly the same, well worth the watch though. Going to start the TV series next, they are all on All 4.

Sound, I think I’ve caught up on everything now so might start watching it in the new year. Got loads of films to watch over Xmas when I’m not fucking working.

I never used to like him but he’s grown on me, the fact he was class in Snatch and Mean Machine carries weight.
He was brilliant in Boardwalk Empire too as Al Capone. He's great in pretty much everything to be honest.

He lives just down the road from where I work. Occasionally goes in the Co-Op I stop in on the way home from work. Never seen him or his wife yet though.

I’ve never watched Boardwalk Empire either, something else I should get round to watching.

Back