• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Gavin and Stacey was great first time around. I even liked Smithy's character, as he's the perfect irritating #ladsladslads sidekick - I didn't realise at the time that it was just James Corden basically playing himself. Gavin's parents were superb and Brydon had some great moments too.

What's shit about it though, (apart from it launching Corden's career) is that has absolutely no rewatchability. Totally flat and dated as soon as it's finished.

We're one episode away from finishing Dark (until season 3 comes out at least). My god, it's a head-spinner. Brilliant though.

Gavin and Stacey was great first time around. I even liked Smithy's character, as he's the perfect irritating #ladsladslads sidekick - I didn't realise at the time that it was just James Corden basically playing himself. Gavin's parents were superb and Brydon had some great moments too.

What's shit about it though, (apart from it launching Corden's career) is that has absolutely no rewatchability. Totally flat and dated as soon as it's finished.

We re-watch it all the time. Comfort TV

My partner has her Doris giving the bird t-shirt ready for the Christmas special

Just started watching Inside No.9. How the hell have I missed this? It's brilliantly clever. The Witchfinder and the Call Centre episodes have been the best so far.

Just started watching Inside No.9. How the hell have I missed this? It's brilliantly clever. The Witchfinder and the Call Centre episodes have been the best so far.

Inside No 9 is brilliant, a really good follow up to League Of Gentlemen

Oh, another boring, badly acted BBC 'drama'.
Elizabeth is missing. Rubbish.

It’s only been on for 25 minutes.

I'm assuming this is meant to be an 'ironic' comment, it was a brilliant programme....brilliant but depressing, a superb performance by Glenda Jackson. Tbh the thought of getting alzheimers scares the shit outta me

Some of the best acting I have ever seen.

I'm assuming this is meant to be an 'ironic' comment, it was a brilliant programme....brilliant but depressing, a superb performance by Glenda Jackson. Tbh the thought of getting alzheimers scares the shit outta me

Nope, I found it boring, and the characters very trite.

Nope, I found it boring, and the characters very trite.

Funny how people's opinions differ so much, you aren't the only one arklo who I've heard say what you said. I thought
Glenda Jackson as Maud played an excellent part and thoroughly deserves an award for her role as an elderly lady struggling with the present and the past.. Made you understand ( a little bit ) of what some of our family members are going through. Awful disease. Excellent programme.

Funny how people's opinions differ so much, you aren't the only one arklo who I've heard say what you said. I thought
Glenda Jackson as Maud played an excellent part and thoroughly deserves an award for her role as an elderly lady struggling with the present and the past.. Made you understand ( a little bit ) of what some of our family members are going through. Awful disease. Excellent programme.

Hmmm each to their own I suppose. I am aware of the effects of dementia and how saddening it is to watch a relation gradually deteriorating and Jackson played the part very well. However as a piece of entertainment I found it depressing and after 25 mins of watching, boring. Just had a feeling that it was getting nowhere and wouldn't end up anywhere. I'd be surprised if Elizabeth was 'missing' at all.
Not my cup of tea anyway.
Drama-wise I prefer something like 'line of duty' or 'life of crime' etc. Although I mainly prefer watching factual stuff on the whole.
As I say, each to their own.

Another one who has to disagree - had to stop watching yesterday as weather conditions down here were fecking up the signal.

Was feeling rubbish today with a cold so rewatched it on catch up. Storyline was a little contrived, but the acting was superb - particularly from Jackson, but a commendation to whoever played her daughter. Really showed the strain of looking after a loved one with this illness.

Another one who has to disagree - had to stop watching yesterday as weather conditions down here were fecking up the signal.

Was feeling rubbish today with a cold so rewatched it on catch up. Storyline was a little contrived, but the acting was superb - particularly from Jackson, but a commendation to whoever played her daughter. Really showed the strain of looking after a loved one with this illness.

How far did you end up getting with Game Of Thrones?

The Picard tv series has apparently had approval for series 2 before series 1 has even aired.
Patrick Stewart suggested it would be a 3+ year project, so be interesting to see where it goes.

Back