• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Yeah, this was excellent. My great uncle, whom I'm named after, died in the Italian campaign so it's good to see it getting a bit of exposure. Those interviews were very moving.
My great uncle was part of the 8th Army. He served in N Africa and Italy. I have his medals, discharge papers, etc.

My great uncle was part of the 8th Army. He served in N Africa and Italy. I have his medals, discharge papers, etc.

My dad has all my great uncle's stuff. I don't know too many details but I believe he was a tank driver.

Watched the first two Episodes of Britannia II. They've got rid of Hurdy Gurdy Man which was the best bit! Mackenzie Crook clearly demanded a bigger part to stay.

The release dates are all over the place, with some episodes on Wednesdays and some on Fridays.

hope the wilderness guy does well on masterchuff tonite

Jesus - the episode of The Crown that deals with Aberfan is powerful stuff indeed. Good Lord.

Jesus - the episode of The Crown that deals with Aberfan is powerful stuff indeed. Good Lord.

Was only reading a piece on this on bbc website earlier...harrowing.
That disaster is the first news story I remember seeing on TV, quite graphic coverage at the time, disturbed me at the time and still firmly in my mind all these years later, I'd have been 8 at the time

It was a very well made episode and Olivia Colman was excellent as you would expect, but to see Aberfan portrayed is a rare thing indeed. Because it was children it is normally left untouched. The Crown did it well I felt, although with some admitted poetic licence as Phillip didn’t attend the mass funeral.

The piece on the BBC website is well worth a read. Harrowing. I watched the episode with Squeeze and Mini. Mini is 18 and had never heard of Aberfan. That amazed me. One of the greatest tragedies of this country and not known in the younger generation.

I'm 44 and had heard of it in broad strokes but had to have a read up on the detail afterwards.

In the next episode, the casting people got Princess Anne bang on!

A light paper round and a extreme exercise regimen assists my china doll complexion.

I'm 44 and had heard of it in broad strokes but had to have a read up on the detail afterwards.

In the next episode, the casting people got Princess Anne bang on!

Absolutely. That was perfect casting. I had never heard the story of Greek Phil’s mum before. Very interesting episode.

I know a little bit more about Princes Alice as she's revered by the Jewish side of the family for her work during WWII.

Taskmaster gets another 6 series over the next 3 years as C4 nick the show from UKTV

I don't blame the show for moving, it's way too good for UKTV.

Back