• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Thanks everso, sir!

I've held off, as I don't want to devour it, then wait too long for the next one. Downside to that thinking is I can't read either til we at least know when the final part is due for release. Decisions decisions...

Ooohh! you lot are a bloomin' tease!

Wrong thread I know, but I've reached about half way through the Secret Commonwealth and it's bloody brilliant. Might be the best of the lot.

The Premier League Show used tp be ok, not great but ok.......its replacement MOTDx is absolute cack

Dr Pimple Popper on Quest Red right now. It's awesome.

Been watching Black Spot on Netflix, strangely engrossing stuff. Remote town with some sick crimes and some weird shit going on in the woods. The scenery is stunning and I love stuff that’s shot in such a bleak way, it’s really atmospheric. Engaging characters as well.

Gave the new Creepshow a go earlier. Good Lawdy Lawd it's cack.

Onto the second series of Black Spot and it’s ace, highly recommend it. It could probably do without the Celtic myth aspect and still be a really good series but it does suit it, really enjoying it.

Just watched the first episode of Watchmen. Very promising.

Binge watching The Tunnel again.......

Women with a French accent, sigh :)

saw the trailer for his dark materials yesterday. looks awesome! looking forward to that!

Great Canal Journeys was very sad this week. Poor old Pru. :(

Was looking forward to His Dark Materials even though I knew nothing about it...didn't realise it's a kids show.

Was looking forward to His Dark Materials even though I knew nothing about it...didn't realise it's a kids show.

I was thoroughly disappointed by it. Incoherent rubbish and yet another 'chosen one' story done to death by nearly every kid's author over the last 100 years.

I’ll give that one a miss then.

Finished season 2 of Black Spot, really hope there’s a third season. It’s brilliant. Season 4 of Mr Robot is class as well, shame it’s the last season.

I was thoroughly disappointed by it. Incoherent rubbish and yet another 'chosen one' story done to death by nearly every kid's author over the last 100 years.

Take it you haven’t read the books? Not seen the tv programme yet, but the books are standout better than the usual tosh and have a very clear and powerful message.

I haven't read the books. I haven't read any of the Game of Thrones, Killing Eve or the currently excellent Dublin Murders books but they are excellent programs. It does seem strange that some books are brilliantly translated to screen whilst others are shocking, there seems to be very little middle ground,

True. His Dark Materials is famously complex, especially for a kids book, so can see why it would be difficult. I will reserve judgement until I have seen it, but definitely don’t judge the books by the Rev series.

Back on topic, the new series of Glitch on Netflix is excellent.

Back