• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Series one starts very well, but slides towards the end. Series 2 wasn't needed, I gave up after a couple of episodes. It got dropped, picked up by Netflix for Series 3 and dropped again.

The political side doesn't have the dialogue or characterisation of The West Wing and the CIA/FBI piece is weaker than early Homeland.

We've been searching for stuff to watch that we've previously missed so went for Designated Survivor.

Only 2 episodes in but it's a bit good, isn't it?

Might give that a go. Finished Sneaky Pete last night so looking for something new to get stuck into. Aside from the Bake Off, of course.

Of the new TV series that have started over the past week or two, Prodigal Son, Evil and Godfather Of Harlem are all good.

Raising Dion starts on Friday on Netflix and looks really, really promising.

Ta, will take a butchers

Final season of Mr Robot starts soon, that’s a must watch.

Final season of Mr Robot starts soon, that’s a must watch.

I'm only a few episodes into season 2 as I really have to be in the mood to watch it. It makes Mindhunter look fast paced.

I'm only a few episodes into season 2 as I really have to be in the mood to watch it. It makes Mindhunter look fast paced.

It doesn't need to be fast paced, it's a truly engrossing story with brilliant, well acted characters. The end of season 2 is absolutely fucking class, unless you figure it out first. Even then it's still quality.

His dark materials looks ace.

Really enjoyed Unbelievable on Netflix. A very um... believable portrayal of a painstaking police investigation. All three main characters are excellent.

His dark materials looks ace.
when is this out? And where will it be available? I loved the books, but missed the golden compass film. I did see a play of his dark materials at the rep a few years ago. I haven't yet read the book of dust, and am supposed to be getting the secret commonwealth off my brother as a bday pressie.

when is this out? And where will it be available? I loved the books, but missed the golden compass film. I did see a play of his dark materials at the rep a few years ago. I haven't yet read the book of dust, and am supposed to be getting the secret commonwealth off my brother as a bday pressie.

Book of Dust is ace. A real page turner. Secret Commonwealth is supposed to be much darker and more adult (presumably as in aimed at adults rather than in a 50 Shades way, which would be quite a departure).

Book of Dust is ace. A real page turner. Secret Commonwealth is supposed to be much darker and more adult (presumably as in aimed at adults rather than in a 50 Shades way, which would be quite a departure).
Only read the first 50 or so pages of Secret Commonwealth, but it's very very good.

Thanks everso, sir!
I've held off, as I don't want to devour it, then wait too long for the next one. Downside to that thinking is I can't read either til we at least know when the final part is due for release. Decisions decisions...
Only read the first 50 or so pages of Secret Commonwealth, but it's very very good.
Ooohh! you lot are a bloomin' tease!

The last part of 'A Confession' on ITV tonight.

If you haven't watched this then do so - one of the best series I have seen for some time (all episodes should still be available on catch up)

Batwoman is on....Netflix, I think. Started last night.

Anyway, I'm not desperately interested in the story but if there's a chance to perv over Ruby Rose for an hour then I'm going to take it.

Started Tin Star season 2 again and quickly remembering why I gave up first time round.

Back