• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

It seemed like a build up series to me, thoroughly enjoyable but I reckon the best is yet to come.
Yeah, I hope S3 doesn't take too long to be released!

Can't enjoy it, it's too hammy.

I think they've nailed it to be honest, there are some quality performances in it and Timothy Olyphant is always class. It is genuinely funny as well.

It seemed like an age between 1 and 2! Have you watched Manhunt: Unabomber?
Yeah, pretty good although I got increasingly annoyed with how wooden Sam Worthington's acting was.

Yeah, pretty good although I got increasingly annoyed with how wooden Sam Worthington's acting was.

It scratched an itch when I'd finished S1 of Mindhunter, Paul Bettany was pretty good which made it for me.

Bill Burr's new special on Netflix is excellent.

Started watching I - Land on Netflix yesterday.

Typical American offering with all of the main protagonists young & good looking apart from the Prison Warden who helpfully wore a black stetson all the time so you could identify the evil one.

Crap dialogue, but not unentertaining.

New Top Boy landed on Netflix this morning. Watched the first one earlier and it was very good.

I haven't watched them all yet either, but the last one I watched - Hated By The Nation - I thought was really good. The one with Kelly McDonald in it. I still have San Junipero to look forward to as well.
San Junipero got watched tonight.

Erm... Have I watched a different episode to everyone else? It really wasn't much good. Very, very average Black Mirror episode. Took ages to get going and reveal what the sci-fi element was, and by then I didn't really care either way what happened. Why does everyone think it's so amazing? Hated In The Nation was miles better.

San Jupinero was a great idea that could've been done better.

USS Callister is still my favourite.

Someone recommended Haunting of Hill House to me a while ago but I never bothered as it isn’t really my thing. Got so bored being off work I watched nearly all of it between yesterday and today. Still not my kind of thing but there was something that I really enjoyed about it, can’t quite put my finger on what though. I don’t find stuff like this scary at all and it’s your usual haunted house tripe, I think it was more the underlying dysfunctional family stuff that got me as that really is something I can relate to!

Someone recommended Haunting of Hill House to me a while ago but I never bothered as it isn’t really my thing. Got so bored being off work I watched nearly all of it between yesterday and today. Still not my kind of thing but there was something that I really enjoyed about it, can’t quite put my finger on what though. I don’t find stuff like this scary at all and it’s your usual haunted house tripe, I think it was more the underlying dysfunctional family stuff that got me as that really is something I can relate to!

I thought the family drama aspect of it was excellent and I enjoyed the overall story but wasn’t massively keen on the ending. I think it was episode 5 and 6 were both absolutely outstanding though.

I thought the family drama aspect of it was excellent and I enjoyed the overall story but wasn’t massively keen on the ending. I think it was episode 5 and 6 were both absolutely outstanding though.

I’ve got the last episode to watch, I’ll finish it after the match. But yeah, the family interaction is absolutely brilliant. They nailed that part.

After a four year break, the third series of Black Jesus started last night. Love this show!

Scarborough - bland and broad. If Paul Shane were alive he'd be in it.

Unbelievable - utterly brilliant in every respect.

Anybody watched 'Brassic'? It's fucking hilarious, like a cross between shameless and the inbetweeners. Top drawer comedy.

Also half way through 'unbelievable' which is a really gripping watch

Unbelievable is next on our list. Just watching the 3rd season of Sneaky Pete which has just about won me over after a pretty poor first couple of episodes.

Back