• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched Ep01 of The Righteous Gemstones last night. Very funny.
Usually I'd avoid a show about evangelists like the plague, but it's Danny McBride so I'll give it a go.

Finished Mindhunter season 2 in three sittings, top notch stuff. Not as intense as season 1 but easily just as good. Just wish I could binge season 3 now.

My better half loves Black Mirror so I've been working my way through them before we both watch the most recent series. Last night, we watched USS Callister which is right up there amongst the very best episodes.

I think my 3 favourites are that one, Black Museum and Nosedive.

I properly loved MetalHead from the Netflix episodes. Thought the last series was a bit of a let down really.

I properly loved MetalHead from the Netflix episodes. Thought the last series was a bit of a let down really.

That's the only one I've not seen - should watch it over the weekend.

Things what I been watching...

Gameface - Roisin Conaty's C4 sitcom. Funny, warm, earthy and sweary. Really liked it.
This Way Up - Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan's C4 sadcom. Not really a bundle of laughs - it's about depression mainly - but still really good.
Glow S3 - first few episodes have been good. Not as good as the first 2 seasons maybe, but the increased nudity helps. :)
Whitehouse & Mortimer's fishing thing - still really good. Like a cross between The Trip and The Dectectorists.

Been meaning to try the fishing one out.

Bob Mortimer makes me crease. As oppose to Vik Reeves who I don't think is funny at all. Every time I see Bob on something he has me laughing though, and I feel like he has everyone on the show he's on laughing too - fellow comedians etc. And he reminds me of Friday nights as a kid when I'd go to my Dads/Grandparents - Shooting Stars, Red Dwarf, some others I've forgot.

My better half loves Black Mirror so I've been working my way through them before we both watch the most recent series. Last night, we watched USS Callister which is right up there amongst the very best episodes.

I think my 3 favourites are that one, Black Museum and Nosedive.
I haven't watched them all yet either, but the last one I watched - Hated By The Nation - I thought was really good. The one with Kelly McDonald in it. I still have San Junipero to look forward to as well.

I haven't watched them all yet either, but the last one I watched - Hated By The Nation - I thought was really good. The one with Kelly McDonald in it. I still have San Junipero to look forward to as well.

I thought San Junipero was amazing. Hated By The Nation was good too - TBH there are very few that I haven't liked.

Three episodes into Sneaky Pete season 3. Class as usual.

Just started watching the 'From Dusk till Dawn' the series before I get too far into it, is it worth it ?

Just started watching the 'From Dusk till Dawn' the series before I get too far into it, is it worth it ?

Put that on my watchlist ages ago and still haven’t got round to watching it. I could only imagine it being really shit compared to the film so it’s just put me off. Let us know how it is :)

Put that on my watchlist ages ago and still haven’t got round to watching it. I could only imagine it being really shit compared to the film so it’s just put me off. Let us know how it is :)

As the film was one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever, then that's some big shoes to fill :)
If they get anywhere near the sexiest dance number ever, I will be a happy man !!

As the film was one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever, then that's some big shoes to fill :)

Oh God are! A group of us went to the cinema to watch it when it came out, I'd been working loads of hours for months and had been on an eight hour session beforehand. I fell asleep after about three minutes and snored all the way through, getting louder and louder the longer I was asleep. Apparently. Banging film.

Cobra Kai (and a few other YouTube originals) streaming free, for a limited time.

last week we finished The Boys, today we finished The Act and Chernobyl, tomorrow will probably finish Mindhunter....

fuck sake I need some comedy in my life

Peaky Blinders never fails to do it for me, and Season 5 is living up to the previous 4. Love it.

Enjoying the Loudest Voice on Sky.

Essentialy you get to see how the Media of today was formed and how truth and fact were binned via the formation of Fox News led by Roger Ailes

Peaky Blinders never fails to do it for me, and Season 5 is living up to the previous 4. Love it.

Really? I am really trying with it, as my missus likes it, but I struggle with the shit Brum accents. Also, the story is very cliche'd.

Back