• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Found Stranger Things Season 3 to be a bit of a slog. Only enjoyed the last 2 episodes, the story was all over the place and the kids are becoming increasingly irritating

It looks bang average from that to me. Nothing like Trek.

can't wait for this!

just purchased the book this week.

I'm very jealous you get to read the book for the first time, I've not even watched the TV series for fear it my ruin my adolescent memories of the book.

It's a book I've always meant to read. Sure it'll be read soon, and I won't be watching the tv series.

I'm very jealous you get to read the book for the first time, I've not even watched the TV series for fear it my ruin my adolescent memories of the book.
Catch-22, the unfilmable movie. Have you read it's sequel, Closing Time?

Closing Time is also good. All of Heller's stuff is good if you like his style, but none of it lives up to Catch-22.

Not yet. Been away. I seem to be one of the few people who actually thought the film of it was pretty good.
The film was ok. The problem is what to keep in/leave out I guess.

The film was ok. The problem is what to keep in/leave out I guess.

Yep. I think you have to take them as separate things. Would the film/TV be good if you'd never read the book, or if they were original works? I reckon so.

'The Boys' and 'Another Life' both became available to stream this week and both have started well. Karl Urban wants to work on his accent though.

'The Boys' and 'Another Life' both became available to stream this week and both have started well. Karl Urban wants to work on his accent though.

The Boys is class, didn’t expect anything less from Garth Ennis though. If anybody has watched Preacher and enjoyed it, watch this, you’ll love it. Agree on Urban’s accent though, it’s fucking awful.

They've persisted with Butcher being a Londoner, then? I've seen clips and assumed they'd just kept him Aussie/Kiwi as in reality.

Supposed to be a Londoner, it's nearly as bad as Dick van Dyke in Mowry Poppins.

Back