• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Yeah I wasn't that impressed. Psyched myself up for it for 18 months, paid £25 for it then wished I hadn't. It wasn't what I expected but might have to give it another watch, I watched during a mammoth mad shift session at work and couldn't think straight or keep my eyes open while watching it.

'8 Days to the Moon' - BBC 2 last night.

Superbly done with actors (who looked incredibly close to the real 3 of Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong & Michael Collins) lip syncing the actual recordings from the actual mission, plus footage from the original TV pictures.

Took me back 50 years when I was glued to the screen watching this live.

Worthwhile using catch up TV if you haven't seen this - showed how easily this could have gone wrong when we would have had 2 left there if the systems hadn't worked (& their computers had less capacity than your mobile phone does today!)

(In a less PC world noticeable how much smoking was going on in Mission Control at NASA whilst on a working shift)

I also watched that Parkin. It was fucking tense, even though we knew the outcome! I wasn't born in 1969, but it really brought the experience home to me.

Agree with the encouragement for others to watch on catch up. It was great!

Forgot that was on! Will try to watch on iPlayer assuming it's on there.

Bloody love reading/watching stuff about the Apollo missions.

I was 19 when that ocurred & old enough to understand the massive risks they were taking - watched every minute that was broadcast.

At that age knew that if anything went wrong then there was no way of rescuing them at all - tremendous (& absolutely understated) courage from all 3 - they would have known exactly what risk they were under & still went.

At that age knew that if anything went wrong then there was no way of rescuing them at all - tremendous (& absolutely understated) courage from all 3 - they would have known exactly what risk they were under & still went.

Sounds like when we went to McGhees after a match one Saturday evening.

Sounds like when we went to McGhees after a match one Saturday evening.

The only time I have been in there was when Darlo wanted to join in the Karaoke - didn't find it that intimidating, but then again I had had a few so may not have been completely aware of my surroundings :icon_biggrin:

Got the last episode of Chernobyl to watch tonight, really enjoyed it.

I've heard nothing but good things about Chernobyl and am very interested in the subject matter, but I hear that there is some SERIOUSLY grisly dog stuff in one of the episodes.

Is it as bad as I've been lead to believe? I just can't bring myself to stomach any kind of animal harm (even in fake-ass looking old movies like The Thing). I'm a wimp, I know.

No not really, only one short scene in episode 4. I can’t watch animal cruelty but this was nothing really.

Cheers, Booz. I'll have to add it to my watchlist.

Bit of a weak one, but I've been watching Elementary from the very start and just found out this is the last series :(

I know its not the greatest programme, but I really enjoy it and the 40ish minute episodes are just right to watch on train / plane

Alan two documentaries to watch re Chernobyl are 3528, from the viewpoint of a liquidator,and the battle for Chernobyl,this is widely cited as the best documentary about the disaster,(both on YouTube)uses actual footage shot at the time,it's the one they show on the minibus from Kiev to Chernobyl/Pripyat,and about halfway through you think shit,we're going there now!
I've got a couple of others still to see,but obviously can't recommend them yet

Cheers, Booz. I'll have to add it to my watchlist.

It’s dealing more with the human aspect and how they deal with what they’re having to do. Just finished it, last episode was fucking amazing.

Bit of a weak one, but I've been watching Elementary from the very start and just found out this is the last series :(

I know its not the greatest programme, but I really enjoy it and the 40ish minute episodes are just right to watch on train / plane

I've watched them all. Last series was supposed to be the last one (which is why it ended all wrapped up with a little bow in London) but the network changed its' mind. It's a bit telling that the perceived baddie is called Reichenbach...

Also, you know this last series is only 13 episodes?

I've watched them all. Last series was supposed to be the last one (which is why it ended all wrapped up with a little bow in London) but the network changed its' mind. It's a bit telling that the perceived baddie is called Reichenbach...

Also, you know this last series is only 13 episodes?

Have been watching from the start, several of the series multiple times, love it :)

The cameo episode is mental. Loads of famous people in it.

Back