• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

It's probably a sign of increasing age and the depressing times we live in, but I've found myself watching Great Canal Journeys with Prunella Scales and Timothy West three nights in a row.

With your pipe and slippers while sucking a Werthers Original?

With your pipe and slippers while sucking a Werthers Original?

Pretty much. I can't explain it, and it's not something I'm proud of. I know I should be watching Gommorrah or Sneaky Pete or some other fancy modern thing but after a hard day avoiding work, there's something very relaxing about watching old people float slowly past a half-submerged shopping trolley.

It's probably a sign of increasing age and the depressing times we live in, but I've found myself watching Great Canal Journeys with Prunella Scales and Timothy West three nights in a row.

Saddo alert - I've sat and watched a canal boat journey. No commentary or anything, just a boat going along the canal.

There's also one on a reindeer sleigh in Norway.

Very relaxing.....

They're called: All Aboard!

Saddo alert - I've sat and watched a canal boat journey. No commentary or anything, just a boat going along the canal.

Very relaxing.....

Yeah, I've seen something similar on a canal boat. Just a camera on the front of the boat. Loved it. But then when Big Brother first started, we would spend an embarrassingly long time watching the housemates sleep.
When I'm at the pearly gates and St Peter says, "do you really think you made the most of your time on earth?" I'm going to really struggle.

Very relaxing.....

When Satellite tv was all the rage, i would fall asleep to the same thing but showing a train journey in Germany...think it used to be on RTL about 1 in the morning.

Yeah, I've seen something similar on a canal boat. Just a camera on the front of the boat. Loved it. But then when Big Brother first started, we would spend an embarrassingly long time watching the housemates sleep.
When I'm at the pearly gates and St Peter says, "do you really think you made the most of your time on earth?" I'm going to really struggle.

See my signature :icon_lol:

When Satellite tv was all the rage, i would fall asleep to the same thing but showing a train journey in Germany...think it used to be on RTL about 1 in the morning.

Yep I'd certainly recommend it for anyone struggling to get to sleep...

The odd fact pops up about the waterways too. Fun AND interesting

Its quite watchable. Nothing wrong with a slower paced programme, it's nice to be underwhelmed sometimes

I also watched the canal boat journey, it was pleasant enough

I can easily zone out to Canal Journeys, the train shows with Michael Portillo, Salvage Hunters or Aussie Gold Hunters.

It'll be a disaster, especially if they have famous guests like The Sun article suggests. The later specials weren't much cop other than the Christmas Carol one, so I wouldn't be optomistic.

I love Blackadder, it defined my humour growing up, and the poignant end to the series, was in my opinion perfect.

It would be, if not a disaster just, well not very good. It would be best to leave it IMO, no one would want another faulty towers would they

Plus Rowan Atkinson in later years has come across as an absolute helmet

For some reason I have never been able to reconcile the Rowan Atkinson who played Blackadder and the Rowan Atkinson who has done anything since.

And yes I still use quotes from the series with an alarming regularity for someone of sane mind.

It'll be crap,just leave it,one of the best sit coms ever,with possibly the best ending

Yay! A new drama series!!!

Boooo! I've read the book so I now the ending.

The Rook.

I recently discovered Still Game on iPlayer. Younger actors playing Scottish pensioners in a small town. Really hit my level of humour which is sweary and a bit childish. Very funny stuff.

Back