• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Same. I tried to like it but just couldn't. There's one character with a moustache that has the worst accent. It's up there with Don Cheale's cockney accent in Ocean's 11.

The accents are shite and the story is all over the place but it is told very well. I'm struggling to think what bits of a crime gang story based in the 30's are cliched. It clearly borrows heavily from the Sopranos but the characters are hardly cardboard cut outs.

It's very watchable and you can't take it seriously. I find it entertaining much like the Sopranos.

Started watching 'On Becoming A God In Central Florida' a couple of nights back. Entertaining stuff.

I think Peaky Blinders is ace. Sure, the accents are ropey but I find it entertaining enough not to be bothered by them.

I like the style of the show.

It's great-looking nonsense with an ace soundtrack. Love it.

I'm struggling to think what bits of a crime gang story based in the 30's are cliched.

Stuff like the barmaid being Irish, so of course she introduces a singing night in the pub. And of course she's also a spy for the Belfast Flying Squad guy.

And of course, all the horses are procured by Irish gypsies. It's like the writers threw together a load of stereotypes and wrote the show.

I think Peaky Blinders is ace. Sure, the accents are ropey but I find it entertaining enough not to be bothered by them.

I like the style of the show.

Agree. I love it, the accents don't bother me, even Pollys. Love the characters, especially Thomas Shelby.

Peaky Blinders is wank.

Nearly finished Hanna on Amazon, good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos back together again.

Only just started watching Peaky Blinders this series, I'm enjoying it, including the soundtrack, of course its way, way ott but then its an entertainment programme not a documentary

Peaky Blinders is wank.

Nearly finished Hanna on Amazon, good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos back together again.

Mireille Enos played War in Good Omens and looked particularly fit.

I really enjoy Peaky Blinders. It's nonsense and the accents are awful, but it is hugely entertaining.

The Repair Shop. Some of the stories and end results make me quite emotional.

Enjoying the Loudest Voice on Sky.

Essentialy you get to see how the Media of today was formed and how truth and fact were binned via the formation of Fox News led by Roger Ailes

Finished this. Great series.

The only thing that doesn't sit right though is how the Murdoch family are made out to be the good guys

For those who have watched Mindhunter S2 the Atlanta Monster podcast is well worth a listen.

For those who have watched Mindhunter S2 the Atlanta Monster podcast is well worth a listen.

Ta. Just finished watching it last night. Left a little deflated as the story seemed to flit around too much for my liking. Plus there wasn't really a crescendo or real "gotcha!" moment. Mostly good though and would definitely recommend. Just not as good as season one.

Santa Clarita Diet S3, top stuff. The first time I’ve actually laughed out loud at a TV series for a long, long time.

Ta. Just finished watching it last night. Left a little deflated as the story seemed to flit around too much for my liking. Plus there wasn't really a crescendo or real "gotcha!" moment. Mostly good though and would definitely recommend. Just not as good as season one.

It seemed like a build up series to me, thoroughly enjoyable but I reckon the best is yet to come.

Apparently people are up in arms as S3 ended on a cliffhanger and Netflix have cancelled it!

Back