• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Will take a butcher's tomorrow. Really enjoyed the book, though that was a long time ago...

LA's Finest - It's a Bad Boys spin off and bloody awful. 10% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Just watched the last episode of Chernobyl.

If that programme doesn't sweep the awards there is something wrong with the world. The most powerful piece of television I think I have ever seen. Absolutely stunning from start to harrowing finish.

I've only watched the first three but it's brilliant telly. I'd still say the Virtues is better and equally harrowing in a very different way.

First episode was a bit Meh but the second is excellent. Andrew Scott is in it, and he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Chernobyl.
Meh, its alright but either have everyone do a fake "Die Hard Villain" accent or (preferably) use russian/ukraine etc actors with subtitles.
The "all over the uk" accents made it quite laughable at points.

Doing the Russian accents would've been wank, the series had nothing to do with accents.

Doing the Russian accents would've been wank, the series had nothing to do with accents.

So why do some of the cast do Russian accents then? and yes, you are right those accents are wank.

If you can suspend belief when the dad from Friday Night Dinner is explaining in great detail (to people who already know) about nuclear reactors
and Finchy from the Office is talking "OOP North lad" to Ruski Gorbachev then your a better man than i.

Oh and Nasty Trev from Eastenders, the full on Scottish leader of the Russian Miners.

Just do it with native speakers and subtitle it.

Some of the accents were foreign because some of the actors were foreign. Mind, you're right about Nasty "I love yee, Little Mo" Trev....didn't expect to see his todger.

The writer of Chernobyl Craig Mazin, said they tried using Russian accents initially, but it changed how the actors delivered their lines, he felt they were acting to the accents, rather than just acting out the scene, so he scrapped and let them use their natural accents.

The writer is seriously obsessive about attention to detail, the clothes, the hairstyles, the colour of the walls, the positioning of the mics in court, were all spot on, so it was surprising he didn't go for Russian actors or accents, but it took me about a minute to get over the British accents.

Finished Good Omens this morning. A very enjoyable watch, even the presence of Jack Whitehall did not spoil it.

The Good Place confirmed to be ending after S4. Not cancelled, the creators have written it for four seasons and no more.

The Good Place confirmed to be ending after S4. Not cancelled, the creators have written it for four seasons and no more.

Shame but I guess it can't have much more to cover after 4 and you just start recycling the same stuff

Yes they've gone over a hell of a lot of material and situations already.

Back