• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

What We Do In The Shadows starts on Sunday. Looking forward to that!

Never read it. Is it that good? Always on the lookout for good reads.
It's brilliant. I probably read it at an impressionable age, but it has massively stuck with me. Yossarian Lives!

It's brilliant. I probably read it at an impressionable age, but it has massively stuck with me. Yossarian Lives!

Yeah, likewise. One of those books you read as a teenager and it sticks with you for life.

What We Do In The Shadows starts on Sunday. Looking forward to that!

It's so, so good. There's an episode with an absolute shit load of cameos from really famous people. Clement and Waititi really got busy with their rolodex.

The Box Set of Mum went onto iPlayer last night, including the new series. Lovely, gentle comedy.

Started watching Black Mirror on Netflix, few episodes in and not really feeling the hype, generally just a bit weird. Expected it to be a bit more thought provoking but finding the bizarre context just leaves things too far removed from reality to be relatable.

Some are good, some are utter shite. USS Callister is a good one, but I like anything with Cristin Milioti in.

I love the one with Bryce Dallas Howard. Some of them are amazing.

Just watched episode 1 of Chernobyl. Fucking hell.

Talking of Chernobyl, there's an amazing podcast that accompanies this. It makes it even better as they discuss the history of the disaster, the accuracy of what they filmed, the science behind it etc.

It's on Spotify and I couldn't recommend it enough.

I watched the first one and if it's accurate, it was a massive cluster fuck. The control centre manager was in complete denial about the whole thing until he started puking up blood.

I watched the first one and if it's accurate, it was a massive cluster fuck. The control centre manager was in complete denial about the whole thing until he started puking up blood.

Incredibly, that was accurate. Apparently!!

Just about to start Ep02. Jared Harris is a fantastic actor.

Side note - That bloke who used to play Jack in Bread is fucking HUGE!!!

Just watched the first episode of The Virtues in channel 4, the new Shane Meadows series. It's bloody brilliant but I feel half broken after just one hour's worth.

That's why I'm not going to watch it. Even my Mom says it's really heavy going and I'm pretty sure she'd laugh at a snuff movie.

It's brilliant, possibly the best thing I have seen on TV this year. The Pub scene is just perfectly done.

It's brilliant, possibly the best thing I have seen on TV this year. The Pub scene is just perfectly done.

Yeah the bender scene was ace, so bloody powerful and true to life. Stephen Graham is the perfect actor for Meadows films

The documentary about King of the Blues Robert Johnson on Netflix is absolutely amazing. A musical god.

My absolute favourite kind of music.

Back