• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

If you have just watched this series of LoD then it has been gripping - watching all 5 up to now (for me) it is starting to extend it's life too long.

Sometimes you have to accept that there is a time when you need to stop.

Yeah I agree some series go on too long but as I've only just discovered this one I'm hoping it goes on for a bit yet

Yeah I agree some series go on too long but as I've only just discovered this one I'm hoping it goes on for a bit yet

Even if you hadn't watched it live, then am sure that with digital TV you could have come to it new after the event - for me now it just feels that they are extending it for the ratings a bit.

That's not saying that is poor, merely that it could have been compacted without losing any dramatic effect.

"There was something i noticed from the video" ..................whilst being in the other office!
"watch his fingers....dot dot dot dash...its morse code".......couldnt have just held 4 fingers up?

Dont get me on how they explain EVERYTHING and whilst rushing, against the clock, manage to knock up a portfolio.

It makes CSI solving a crime in 50 minutes look more realistic.

"There was something i noticed from the video" ..................whilst being in the other office!
"watch his fingers....dot dot dot dash...its morse code".......couldnt have just held 4 fingers up?

Dont get me on how they explain EVERYTHING and whilst rushing, against the clock, manage to knock up a portfolio.

It makes CSI solving a crime in 50 minutes look more realistic.

was definitely ridiculous the quick solve they did, and probably unnecessary - maybe the writers could have kicked off their side investigation much earlier.
there's always a play to the audience in these things. it was pointing to one person though i thought - after all, there was hardly anyone else.. and the dna total giveaway.
it still took Ted far too long to click though - sometimes i wonder if he's a real copper

Agree that LoD was a bit preposterous at the end - well, it's always preposterous but generally it makes for really good viewing despite that - but Dot's fingers at the end was laughable.

The Ted interrogation was excellent though. The two women locking horns was great. And then it went shit again - as soon as the baddie was revealed, Ted instantly reverted to efficient copper, even though his life had been falling apart five seconds earlier.

Good to see another series of Taskmaster has started. Might be my favourite programme on TV at the moment.

Good to see another series of Taskmaster has started. Might be my favourite programme on TV at the moment.

Absolutely love it.
Little underwhelmed with the latest 5 but was still good.

Absolutely love it.
Little underwhelmed with the latest 5 but was still good.

Haven't seen it yet. Saving it up for yet another crazy Friday night in front of the telly.
I think it sometimes takes a while to get used to a new batch, and for the chemistry to build up between them. I quite like all the people so hopefully they'll turn out to be good.

I liked the last series of Taskmaster, but these five do absolutely nothing for me so won't bother with this one.

I was a bit disappointed with the line-up initially but they started to grow on me towards the end, will give it a few more episodes......worth watching for the 2 presenters imo

Last series was hilarious at times and I think when it started I wasn't keen on the 5 then either, minus James Acaster who I like. Will watch every episode any way as it's one of my fav things on TV

I liked the last series of Taskmaster, but these five do absolutely nothing for me so won't bother with this one.

In most series there has been 1 or 2 who I am not a fan of but I find in this show they are massively different to what you expect of them (as if what we see on stage is an act...)

Last series was hilarious at times and I think when it started I wasn't keen on the 5 then either, minus James Acaster who I like. Will watch every episode any way as it's one of my fav things on TV

I saw James Acaster as support to Milton Jones at the Civic when he was first starting out. He absolutely died on his arse on stage. His recovery to stardom gives me hope for the second coming of Pappy's Fun Club.

I saw James Acaster as support to Milton Jones at the Civic when he was first starting out. He absolutely died on his arse on stage. His recovery to stardom gives me hope for the second coming of Pappy's Fun Club.

Haha how long ago was that about? I can imagine. I watched the thing of his of Netflix and at times it has me snoozing. Generally on TV shows and such he makes me crease though. He knows how to make wallies like me laugh

2011 Squeeze and I think. He did some dreadful joke about cheese graters, and it was AWFUL.

Milton Jones thought he was a star in the making even then. He was right.

I watched the thing of his of Netflix

Tried and gave up, his standup is not for me. Like him on Mock the Week type shows though.

His GTA Video on Taskmaster was superb

Acaster is superb.

I don't mind Lou Sanders, even if she does try too hard to be nutty, and the lad off Inbetweeners is OK if a bit bland, but the rest of them I just have zero interest in watching. Especially Sinha.

Catching up on The Tunnel series 2. Darned good and Clemence Poesy is worth the viewing alone.

Back