• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Never watched Line of Duty before... Do I need to watch the first 4 seasons before watching this one?

I would seriously recommend it because it's brilliant. And gets better in season 2. And better again in season 3. A slight drop in season 4 but still excellent.

Season 5 sadly hasn't been as good (I was very disappointed with Sunday's). But I couldn't recommend starting from the beginning enough, and there are things still happening that started back in season 1.

I would seriously recommend it because it's brilliant. And gets better in season 2. And better again in season 3. A slight drop in season 4 but still excellent.

Season 5 sadly hasn't been as good (I was very disappointed with Sunday's). But I couldn't recommend starting from the beginning enough, and there are things still happening that started back in season 1.

Yep, LoD is great. I've quite enjoyed this series though there aren't enough suspicious coppers left in it. The girl interviewing Hastings on Sunday was really good I thought - was making me squirm. His acting has been great throughout the whole series.

Yep, LoD is great. I've quite enjoyed this series though there aren't enough suspicious coppers left in it. The girl interviewing Hastings on Sunday was really good I thought - was making me squirm. His acting has been great throughout the whole series.

If they stopped killing them off they could have had other possibilities

Line of Duty final part (of this series - though believe that series 6 has been commissioned) - do we find out who H is? :confused-smiley-013

Do we care if we don't as there will be more possibilities to continue it!!

Got to agree with this, this season hasn't been anywhere near as good as the others. Still decent tele though.

Got to agree with this, this season hasn't been anywhere near as good as the others. Still decent tele though.

I think this series has been very different to the others and that's knocked out a little bit of what made it so good. Stephen Graham and Adrian Dunbar have been excellent but nobody has been as good as Keeley Hawes or Lenny James.

I think this series has been very different to the others and that's knocked out a little bit of what made it so good. Stephen Graham and Adrian Dunbar have been excellent but nobody has been as good as Keeley Hawes or Lenny James.

I'm not struck on Stephen Graham, I only really liked him in Snatch. Dunbar is brilliant though. It has been very different and it doesn't feel like LoD any more if that makes sense? Like I say though it's still a very good watch.

Line of Duty final part (of this series - though believe that series 6 has been commissioned) - do we find out who H is? :confused-smiley-013

Do we care if we don't as there will be more possibilities to continue it!!

I've got a bad feeling we won't find out and it will be left on a cliffhanger for the next series!!

I'm not struck on Stephen Graham, I only really liked him in Snatch. Dunbar is brilliant though. It has been very different and it doesn't feel like LoD any more if that makes sense? Like I say though it's still a very good watch.

It does make sense, it feels a bit strange. Although the tying up of storylines is good.

There are two more series after this one, so I don't think we get to know who H is yet but we will find out the tie in between the OCG and the peadofile plot from the 3rd series.

Two more? Bonus, I only thought there was one.

Got a feeling I might drop off during tonight’s episode, I’m bollocksed after last night :icon_lol:

Lightweight - was feeling fine this morning at 7 am & still good now :icon_biggrin:

I felt fine this morning, it’s not the beer just a lack of proper sleep last night.

And it’s a feature length episode as well for fuck’s sake!

Now THAT was more like LoD!

Not quite so enamoured - would tend to take the John Cleese view of stopping when you are still ahead (Fawlty Towers)

This now has the smell of extending it as you have the viewing figures.

Will I still watch it the the end - probably as have expended time & would want to see the final outcome.

Does it engage as much - not really

Well that was a great ending, first series of LOD I've watched and now trying to decide whether to watch the previous episodes, time would be an issue though.
Got to say the BBC gets quite a lot flack but they've put on some terrific crime dramas recently, enjoyed the Bodyguard although no where near as good as LOD and can't wait for the second series of Killing Eve which apart from being bloody good is a bit quirky and also humerous.....right up my street

Well that was a great ending, first series of LOD I've watched and now trying to decide whether to watch the previous episodes, time would be an issue though.
Got to say the BBC gets quite a lot flack but they've put on some terrific crime dramas recently, enjoyed the Bodyguard although no where near as good as LOD and can't wait for the second series of Killing Eve which apart from being bloody good is a bit quirky and also humerous.....right up my street

If you have just watched this series of LoD then it has been gripping - watching all 5 up to now (for me) it is starting to extend it's life too long.

Sometimes you have to accept that there is a time when you need to stop.

Back