• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Agree with langers again machin. the easy option isn't always the right one. Plus it might take you longer in the kitchen because you need more practise.
cooking is fun man! I've been meaning to get around to baking some scones!

Guys, I know how to cook! I'm just lazy :)

PS the "I'm lazy" argument doesn't stack up either. You'll choose to cycle to work rather than drive the car, yet choose not to cook a meal?

I've never done any baking in my life btw :icon_lol:

Fortunately for me, my other half is an absolute master at baking. No idea how she does it but she creates all kinds of ridiculous desserts. She's bloody good at most other forms of cooking too - way better than I will ever be.

(I fear we maybe going slightly off topic here...)

PS the "I'm lazy" argument doesn't stack up either. You'll choose to cycle to work rather than drive the car, yet choose not to cook a meal?

It's more that I'm not allowed to as I take too long, buy more ingredients than is needed, and make things too spicy!

If I cycled anywhere then have to cook on my return...I think I would starve. Essentially any task that needs doing after I have done any form of exercise can do one. I will needs days to recover.

It's more that I'm not allowed to as I take too long, buy more ingredients than is needed, and make things too spicy!

Worse excuse than Wayne 'who were the Nazis?' Hennessey IMO/IMV.

I'm too lazy to prepare properly and engage my brain into working out what I can make with whatever we've got in the house.

However the implications on the body of red meat mean it is arguably a poison, or has certain toxicity to it.

Processed meat, well the clue is in the first word.

There is definitely evidence for the processed meat giving a higher risk of cancer and heart disease due to the higher saturated fats, salt and chemicals added during the processing phase. That is not the case with red meat as whilst it is acknowledged that eating a lot of red and processed meat can increase the risk of cancer and heart disease the studies do not concentrate on purely non-processed meat.

Beef is calorie for calorie one of the most nutritional substances we eat, containing high amounts of protein and nutrients that cannot be found in a plant, fish or white meat based diet. Iron, Vit B12 and zinc are the most obvious which prevent a whole load of diseases, boost cognitive function, the immune system and increase muscle building in doing so staving off many bone and joint related illnesses.

Having said all of that, like most things if you eat too much (over 4 ounces of red meat a day) you will undoubtedly be at more risk of cancer and heart disease. Red meat, on the whole, is not toxic and has no toxicity to it. It is not a cigarette which is toxic even if you breathe in the smoke.

Much of the above is fair johnny. Red meat is very resource intensive to produce however.

Anyhow, we digress, did anyone see the final of only connect last night? Fuck me, I usually struggle to get many, but the final was intense!

Much of the above is fair johnny. Red meat is very resource intensive to produce however.

It is, which is why the grown meat is an answer to it.

I struggle with Only Connect, the show seems to attract real oddballs.

Like me you mean? :icon_wink:

I like it. I don't get many in the first 2 rounds, and might get one or 2 groups in the wall, but I'm really good at the missing vowels round.

The walls yesterday were all 3 letter words. It was a nightmare!

I love Only Connect, but last night's was ridiculous. Even the missing vowels round was solid!

Never watched Line of Duty before... Do I need to watch the first 4 seasons before watching this one?

Never watched Line of Duty before... Do I need to watch the first 4 seasons before watching this one?
I've just started it and it's pretty easy to get through. I'm halfway through S2 and I'd certainly recommend it!

Not necessarily - though you won't know whats going on or who the 'bad guys' are - then again those us who have watched the earlier series don't either

I would recommend it personally! I've completely caught up in a couple of weeks, great stuff. hating have to wait for this Sunday's episode

I love Only Connect, but last night's was ridiculous. Even the missing vowels round was solid!

I missed it last night. Completely forgot. It's a great quiz. Some of the connections are insanely difficult. The missing vowels I usually fly through so a shame I missed a real pig of a round of it.

Yeah I felt even thicker than usual, can usually rely on a couple in the missing vowels, numbskulls round but only got one in that

Back